Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BEST Computer College?

BEST Computer College?

Hello everyone,
    I was wondering what you guys think is the best computer college out there. (For computer programming and Computer science and you know.. Computer ****)

Thanks

can you improvise on the "****" I don't want to suggest something on a wrong assumption. Also what type of programming?

I don't know about "best" but, one good one is the University of Phoenix, online.

Stanford; San Jose State

Weber State University has a good computer program. Many of the programmers I work with went there and praise it (they program in Cobol mostly, but also Perl, Java, Delphi, C++). I also went there. It's not very good for business programs, but computers it is.

ß. Qµix
    "all animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others".
    George Orwell

If you like small schools Rose-Hulman Inst. of Technology is rated #1 for schools not offering a Ph.D by US News. I finished my freshmen year and I believe it is a great school.

Shnikey

M. I. T.
    System Specs:
    256 Mb PC2100
    30 Gig Maxtor
    32Mb Nvidia Tnt2 Agp
    Lots of Blood, Sweat, and Tears...

Thanks for all your replys I was thinking of MIT IF i could get in But i dont know if MIT has the stuff i wanna do
    anyone know?

thanks.

Re: BEST Computer College?

Originally posted by DeathMagi
    Hello everyone,
    I was wondering what you guys think is the best computer college out there. (For computer programming and Computer science and you know.. Computer ****)

Thanks
    There isn't really a BEST Computer for programming and basically for anything.

Just shop by your own budget.

And see what you can affort.

now in days there are prenty of cheap computers for below $500 that are excellent 2+ Ghz cpu, with all the extras, at Wal Mart.

if you are in the Americas.

erh.... hmmm... as for the College thing, i'd rather go to a Technical school but not MIT, for all its hype and stuff, not to mention the high tuitionn fees.

There's nothing better than field work, to learn and gain experience on the run.

actually the best places to learn are in the actual work places, so if i were you, i'll jump right into Contract positions, and start learning from there.
    Last edited by AllGamer; 07-15-2002 at 03:17 PM.
    i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5

If you think you can get in go for M.I.T

k thanks everyone

Schools like M.I.T and C.I.T are schools where if you didn't score >33 on your ACT, you'll suffer. These are top quality, high profile and highly competitive schools. They focus on Research and Development of new technology. That's not to say that other schools do not, just that these schools stand out for it. If you're a genious WITH motivation AND can afford it, go for it. But keep in mind that in a room full of genii, you do not want to be average (ie think bell curve grades). Maybe you should just study it out in your mind, ask advise from people you respect, pray about it and make a good decision. Good luck.
    chau,
    ßeeßle Qµix
    "all animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others".
    George Orwell

Stanford and San Jose State are in the heart of the Silicone Valley!

RPI

Originally posted by Beeblequix
    Weber State University has a good computer program. Many of the programmers I work with went there and praise it (they program in Cobol mostly, but also Perl, Java, Delphi, C++). I also went there. It's not very good for business programs, but computers it is.

ß. Qµix
    Arg another Wildcat, we all know Aggies Rule!