View Poll Results: Your GRFX Company

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • ATI (Rage Pro, Radeon, etc)

20 29.85%
  • nVidia (TNT, GeForce, Quadro, Vanta)

42 62.69%
  • Matrox (G550, Mystique, Marvel, Parhelia, etc)

1 1.49%
  • Creative Labs (3D Blaster Products, and so on)

0 0%
  • I'm a True Blue Legacy User (S3, Diamond, Trident)

2 2.99%
  • I'll be a Die Hard Fan Of 3DFX, Forever

2 2.99%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Will Enchance Your Gaming Experience?

ATI all the way baby i think they have been around the longest and are the best GO CANADA cause that's where they are headquarterd but yeah i own an old ATI Rage Fury Pro 32mb AGP card bought it last year
    still kicking especailly overclocked man this card kicks *****

but yeah krazy let's keep the threadding up! lol

"Keep TwEaKin'"
    The TwEaKist

Originally posted by XtReAmTwEaKist
    ATI all the way baby i think they have been around the longest and are the best GO CANADA cause that's where they are headquarterd but yeah i own an old ATI Rage Fury Pro 32mb AGP card bought it last year
    still kicking especailly overclocked man this card kicks *****

but yeah krazy let's keep the threadding up! lol

"Keep TwEaKin'"
    The TwEaKist
    What kinda cooling did you add to your ATI Fuury? Cause as you know most OEM, and "built by/assembled by" are assembled with just enough cooling with no head room...

I'll be a Die Hard Fan Of 3DFX, Forever

if 3DFX was still there it will be one of the best...
    with their glide engine...

Originally posted by Optimus Prime
    well. i have been a 3dfx owner for 3 years, and now a GF 2 owner for 1 year, im moving onto ATI next because its cheap, image quality is SUPERB and all my DVD's are waiting to be played....

i truly do despise Nvidia, they release one new card, then they release several other versions of it just to rake in the money, Example:

GF 2 MX 100/200, GF 2 MX 200/400, GF 2, . GF 2 Ti 2500, GF 2 Ti 2700, GF 2 Ti Ultra...... COME ON! LOOK AT THEM! at least 3dfx and ATI never has never done that ***** before.

The only good thing i have to say about Nvidia is, their drivers are excellent to install, but they do not tell you the newer drivers work poorer on older cards... or has it always been that way for Graphics Cards?
    ATI had a few extra Radeon 1 cards such as the LE and VE?

Anyways I have A TNT2 and Gforce DDR, Voodoo 3-2000 and tomorrow hopefully my Radeon 8500 128 LE will be in
    to be continued .................................................. ......

Originally posted by cyclone2

ATI had a few extra Radeon 1 cards such as the LE and VE?

Anyways I have A TNT2 and Gforce DDR, Voodoo 3-2000 and tomorrow hopefully my Radeon 8500 128 LE will be in
    to be continued .................................................. ......
    LE was just a budget wise card without tv in and TnL
    VE was Dual monitor support, with enchanced 2D viewing abilities

KraZy_SkitZy

I strongly agree. Anything over 25fps is acceptable. Higher is better, but the human eye can only distinguish around 45-70fps anyway. Why all these people hark if the fps is not a three-digit number is beyond me... I understand if it is a benchmark issue, but I often see posts (Not just here, but everywhere) stating anything under 60 or even 100fps is NOT acceptable...

ATI, I think is better suited for the long run. They have more experience and have more to prove as they are the underdogs. I have to say that the "Crappy Dirver Support" nVidiots blast ATI with is unfounded. That may have been an issue in the past, but ATI has done an excellent job correcting this. There are quite a few reports about people's machines crashing after the latest Detinator drivers...Hmmm

Still got a Vodoo3 PCI laying around. Excellent card. Strap a '486 fan on its heatsink and o/c it to 183 and it runs Serious Sam SE great. Voodoofiles.com has Windows XP drivers for Vodoo2-5 with pretty good OpenGL support. Don't know about Glide tho. I run a Radeon 64MB DDR VIVO and this thing ROCKS!!

So if you want to compare, ATI with the GP4 you'll have to wait for the next ATI chipset.
    By the time the next ATI chipsets comes out, the newer Nvidia NV30 and even NV35 will be around to give it plenty competition. And how could you guys compare a 2 year old 3dfx card with a Ti 4600? Ofcourse we all know Ti 4600 kicks ***** right now. Nvidia rules!!! I also have my money on ATI though...

Originally posted by Mr Miyagi
    KraZy_SkitZy

I strongly agree. Anything over 25fps is acceptable. Higher is better, but the human eye can only distinguish around 45-70fps anyway. Why all these people hark if the fps is not a three-digit number is beyond me... I understand if it is a benchmark issue, but I often see posts (Not just here, but everywhere) stating anything under 60 or even 100fps is NOT acceptable...

ATI, I think is better suited for the long run. They have more experience and have more to prove as they are the underdogs. I have to say that the "Crappy Dirver Support" nVidiots blast ATI with is unfounded. That may have been an issue in the past, but ATI has done an excellent job correcting this. There are quite a few reports about people's machines crashing after the latest Detinator drivers...Hmmm

Still got a Vodoo3 PCI laying around. Excellent card. Strap a '486 fan on its heatsink and o/c it to 183 and it runs Serious Sam SE great. Voodoofiles.com has Windows XP drivers for Vodoo2-5 with pretty good OpenGL support. Don't know about Glide tho. I run a Radeon 64MB DDR VIVO and this thing ROCKS!!
    Took words right outta my mouth...
    To Really impress these FPS fanatics, why don't the benchmark reselers, just but a framerate on that spining directx diagnostic, strap my voodoo 2 into my PC run it, advertise the 300fps it gets with a spinning cube people will be running to futureshop, or Electronic Boutique trying to see if they have any voodoo 2's left in their inventory.. Its a race to see who can get the most fps, if NVidia is prevoking it, not giving themselves or any other company a chance to mayB improve apon the Visual Technology NVidia seems not to put any effort in GRFX quality, instead in most sercumstance I personally think if they're doing that why not just keep using the Geforce 2 GPU, and just keep pumping the clock speed up till they have passive heatsinks and water cooling coming out the PC's side panel!? Instead they wast efurther money coming with new GPU's that supposedly come out with second generation this and that... I don't see ati or matrox OR creative pumping out different cards left and right that only have pointless clock speed difference that ppl will over clock anyways. You can turn your GF2 into a GeForce 2 Titanium with a simple little tool called NVTweak... But to sum this up (if possible.. lol!) I personally don't think NVidia can keep up with the enchancing GRFX standards that game creaors are setting for us... (Spiderman, the movie game, really shows off a video cards TnL ability)
    I know some if not most ppl r gonna disagree with me.. So share your opinion on this subject if u wish...

Jees... NVidia is in the lead....
    I'm just surprised there are on legacy users.. The S3 Savage 4 was a great card, with great Texture compreesion and Texture Quality... But it didn't have the 120fps that is the only important thing to ppl it seems...

Gamers are not really in it for the "art". Once you start playing, gameplay itself is king.

"Is that mauve or pink, Cyril?"

Who cares? KILL IT!
    MS MCP, MCSE

Originally posted by BipolarBill
    Gamers are not really in it for the "art". Once you start playing, gameplay itself is king.

Who cares? KILL IT!
    lmao mauve or pink... *sigh* people these days.

GO NVIDIA!!!!

I know why Nvidia is in the lead, because they actually care about us end users. They put tons of money in researching new techs for their vga cards. And they know that everyone is different, there are the poor, the rich, and the power users. That is why they have many different assortments of vga cards. Could be confusing sometimes, but they offer more choices. So when it comes down to which vga card is the best for gaming. Any vga card, because everyone is different, and different people like to game differently.

Re: GO NVIDIA!!!!

Originally posted by mickey_hwoarang
    I know why Nvidia is in the lead, because they actually care about us end users. They put tons of money in researching new techs for their vga cards. And they know that everyone is different, there are the poor, the rich, and the power users. That is why they have many different assortments of vga cards. Could be confusing sometimes, but they offer more choices. So when it comes down to which vga card is the best for gaming. Any vga card, because everyone is different, and different people like to game differently.
    Well, our standards are getting out of hand, bout 4 years ago, ppl didn't care too much about a Frame Rate, as long as they could play it, and it looked good, I'm gonna stick with that belief, And if I did care about FPS I wouldn't have a P2 400mhz system, I woulda bought a new one by now...NVidia doesn't care if YOU buy there card, as long as someone like you buys it, it curtains it with beliefs of FPS are todays standards, not how good it looks...

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who cares? KILL IT!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BipolarBill
    Thank you for clearly stating what needed to be said.
    Guess that is why the GF3 is back in my box and
    the Voodoo Banshee is back in my closet.

Who cares? KILL IT!
    Now turn it into blood red and we are all happy