View Poll Results: Your GRFX Company

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • ATI (Rage Pro, Radeon, etc)

20 29.85%
  • nVidia (TNT, GeForce, Quadro, Vanta)

42 62.69%
  • Matrox (G550, Mystique, Marvel, Parhelia, etc)

1 1.49%
  • Creative Labs (3D Blaster Products, and so on)

0 0%
  • I'm a True Blue Legacy User (S3, Diamond, Trident)

2 2.99%
  • I'll be a Die Hard Fan Of 3DFX, Forever

2 2.99%
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Will Enchance Your Gaming Experience?

Who Will Enchance Your Gaming Experience?

Which company will enchance and be your GRFX provider for years to come?

NVidia is winning! The one thing I really hate bout nvidia, is when they do something simple like implementing a new feature they have to come out with a whole new series of cards. . . Comeone PPL I give more credit to those legacu cards

Nvidia all the way. But just what I have almost always used and will continue to use. I am just an AMD, Nvidia kind of guy.
    Nothing in life is as certain as death, but death is not a wall but a doorway to a new adventure

Fare Enough...

lol

You never said who you like did you?
    Nothing in life is as certain as death, but death is not a wall but a doorway to a new adventure

For the longest time, I was certain 3dFX was going to conquer the market...but it all went sour shortly after the release of the V3 series. Maxtrox seems to have something brewing with their "Parhelia". LOL...now that sure doesn't look like another m3d scenario. Poor PowerVR...anyways, after experiencing the ti4600, I can imagine nVidia to be around for quite some time.

And Intel.

Too bad matrox new card still can't beat Geforces top dogs. It even struggles verses ATI's best. Mabey some new drivers will help it out.

Sorry guys, I didn't Tell you my pick... I love ATI, probably for the most part thats the only type of card I could afford, and it came standard in every PC... I remember when I was about 8 I saw the First TNT ever in Electronic Boutique, it was $199 4mb card, but in those days I had no idea about the difference between the cards.. I miss 3DFX my voodoo can still outrun my old TNT2 in 16bit games...lol........ But now I have a Radeon, so who cares about 16bit.. lol..

Well as i Voted, i'll be a forever 3DFX die hard for 3D gaming here.

but for all my other Video applications ATI has always been my first choice since my XT, 286, 386, 486, P, PII, PIII, AMD, and the piece of Sh!tty P4 machine.

AMD beats the **** out of it.

ahh.. erh.. uhmm... back to the topic

yeah 3DFX is the best for all those who has had one, if you know what i mean, even by TODAYS standard the 3D graphics displayed on a 3DFX card are more realistic and crystal crispy clearer than the ones in the MORONS at NVIDIA.

They TOOK OVER 3DFX, just because they were better, and they are not even taking adavantage of their 3D technology in their newest GeForce 4 chipset.

Nvidia since the TNT to now in days has been crappy for 3D they only focus in FPS and clock speed, but not in IMAGE QUALITY!!!

That's where ATI comes in, ATI has always payed good attention to IMAGE QUALITY.

and when you put an ATI Radeon 8500 series along side a GeForce 3 Ti500
    At high Resolution levels say 1280x768x32bit color or higher, then it's always faster than the Ti500

and no you cannot compare it to the GeForce 4 Ti500, since they are in a different league all together,

GF3 came out at the same time as the ATI 8500

So if you want to compare, ATI with the GP4 you'll have to wait for the next ATI chipset.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 x Abit KR7A-133
    1 x AMD Athlon XP 2000+
    4 x 512Mb DDR = 2048 Mb, or 2 Gig
    4 x Maxtor 160 Gig HDD (udma 133)
    1 x Plextor 40/20/40 (udma 33)
    1 x Creative 8x PC-DVD (udma)
    1 x Sound Blaster Audigy (pci)
    1 x Generic Rockwell v.90 PCI modem (pci)
    1 x 3com EtherFast 10/100 (pci)
    1 x ATI All-in-Wonder 8500 DV 64Mb (agp)
    1 x ATI Remote Wonder (usb)
    1 x Logitech Cordless Freedom Optical (PS/2)
    1 x Logitech Z-560 (audio out)
    1 x Optiquest Q90 (vga)
    1 x Logitech QuickCam 510 (usb)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ... Live Long and Prosper! ... \\||||//

Originally posted by AllGamer
    Well as i Voted, i'll be a forever 3DFX die hard for 3D gaming here.

but for all my other Video applications ATI has always been my first choice since my XT, 286, 386, 486, P, PII, PIII, AMD, and the piece of Sh!tty P4 machine.

AMD beats the **** out of it.

ahh.. erh.. uhmm... back to the topic

yeah 3DFX is the best for all those who has had one, if you know what i mean, even by TODAYS standard the 3D graphics displayed on a 3DFX card are more realistic and crystal crispy clearer than the ones in the MORONS at NVIDIA.

They TOOK OVER 3DFX, just because they were better, and they are not even taking adavantage of their 3D technology in their newest GeForce 4 chipset.

Nvidia since the TNT to now in days has been crappy for 3D they only focus in FPS and clock speed, but not in IMAGE QUALITY!!!

That's where ATI comes in, ATI has always payed good attention to IMAGE QUALITY.

and when you put an ATI Radeon 8500 series along side a GeForce 3 Ti500
    At high Resolution levels say 1280x768x32bit color or higher, then it's always faster than the Ti500

and no you cannot compare it to the GeForce 4 Ti500, since they are in a different league all together,

GF3 came out at the same time as the ATI 8500

So if you want to compare, ATI with the GP4 you'll have to wait for the next ATI chipset.

1 x Abit KR7A-133
    1 x AMD Athlon XP 2000+
    4 x 512Mb DDR = 2048 Mb, or 2 Gig
    4 x Maxtor 160 Gig HDD (udma 133)
    1 x Plextor 40/20/40 (udma 33)
    1 x Creative 8x PC-DVD (udma)
    1 x Sound Blaster Audigy (pci)
    1 x Generic Rockwell v.90 PCI modem (pci)
    1 x 3com EtherFast 10/100 (pci)
    1 x ATI All-in-Wonder 8500 DV 64Mb (agp)
    1 x ATI Remote Wonder (usb)
    1 x Logitech Cordless Freedom Optical (PS/2)
    1 x Logitech Z-560 (audio out)
    1 x Optiquest Q90 (vga)
    1 x Logitech QuickCam 510 (usb)
    ... Live Long and Prosper! ... \\||||//
    Bravo... Bravo... I so agree with you, NVidia just focuses on FPS... I can't beleive people though complain about 30fps or 60fps. NVidia is setting the bar to high, to fast. Now its all about speed, not the picture quality it shows to your eyes..
    3DFX focuses on both equally, A game like Vampire The Masquerade looked better in 16bit on a Voodoo2 than on 32bit on any other card!
    Well, we'll just see what other people have to say....

I have to agree about the picture quality, 3DFX takes the crown. I have a 16MB Voodoo Banshee, great card but just couldn't keep up with today's games. I went with the flock (Baaa) and picked up an Nvidia chipset based card. I was initially fooled by the speed and it wasn't until I had a problem with the card and had to put my Banshee back in that I noticed the picture quality. The 3DFX image comes out and grabs ya, warmer and more vibrant colors, a far superior image than my GF3 offers. But you can't run RTCW at 1024 X 768 with maxed eye candy on a Banshee

well. i have been a 3dfx owner for 3 years, and now a GF 2 owner for 1 year, im moving onto ATI next because its cheap, image quality is SUPERB and all my DVD's are waiting to be played....

i truly do despise Nvidia, they release one new card, then they release several other versions of it just to rake in the money, Example:

GF 2 MX 100/200, GF 2 MX 200/400, GF 2, . GF 2 Ti 2500, GF 2 Ti 2700, GF 2 Ti Ultra...... COME ON! LOOK AT THEM! at least 3dfx and ATI never has never done that ***** before.

The only good thing i have to say about Nvidia is, their drivers are excellent to install, but they do not tell you the newer drivers work poorer on older cards... or has it always been that way for Graphics Cards?

I really miss my Voodoo... Its' collecting dust.... .... Dammit I need some working WinXP Drivers!!!
    I like Matrox also they had a descent overal average in quality, I used to have an ol Matrox Marvel 4mb, it rocked, except I was a dumbass and over clocked it from 40mhz to 95mhz with no cooling, that is my first experience with video overclocking...
    NVidia always focuses on speed their first TNT Vanta had the framerates but lots of image tearing and poor texturizing (even for its time) The only NVidia product I liked was their TNT2 Series, and thats the only one I'll own or buy, unless I ever get a new comp that comes standard with an MX400

I have an old STB TNT, a Voodoo Banshee 16, a TNT2 Ultra, a Matrox G450, a GF2 GTS and now a GF4 Ti4400. While 3D images look better on the TNT, TNT2, Matrox and Voodoo, I can't get decent FPS in MOHAA or anything else for that matter.

You guys need to make up your minds what you want. Don't start whining about image quality now that you have been given FSAA and 80FPS.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Originally posted by BipolarBill
    I have an old STB TNT, a Voodoo Banshee 16, a TNT2 Ultra, a Matrox G450, a GF2 GTS and now a GF4 Ti4400. While 3D images look better on the TNT, TNT2, Matrox and Voodoo, I can't get decent FPS in MOHAA or anything else for that matter.

You guys need to make up your minds what you want. Don't start whining about image quality now that you have been given FSAA and 80FPS.
    I don't care about FPS as long as I get around 25fps+ I'm happy, cause it's playable, FSAA I find is only handy in those games that don't allow High res (eg. Escape From Monkey Island 4) also after 1024x768 res who cares bout FSAA, 3dfx and ATI have superb texture quality and color, we're not talking about a few mesily little jagged lines.....
    (If you ever need a home for that G450, or TNT2 Ultra, i'll be more than willing to take'em of yur hands... lol )