Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Every game I have played in the last year sucks

Every game I have played in the last year sucks

Is it just me or have PC games really strated to suck lately? I have played almost every big new release this year and into last year and EVERY DARN ONE OF THEM sits on my bookshelf gathering dust.

Warcraft 3 - Lame AOE2 clone

SOF2??? - WORST GAME EVER

GTA III -SECOND Worst game ever. Wandering aimlessly around a city bashing people with baseball bats is NOT fun

Morrowind - OK. Way too easy. No challenge. Maybe 3 types or monsters in whole game

Dungeon Seige? Linear Diablo-style hack fest rip-off-o-rama dungeon hack treasure questing is getting REALLY old.

NWN? Buggy POS that doesn't even really work

Every game that comes out is simply a repeat of the original ideas that sold a million copies 5 years ago. The video gaming industry is fast becoming like the movie industry.

When are we gonna start to see some innovation in gameplay? Maybe I am just getting to old to play games anymore.

Every new game I hear about that gets talked up as the "next best thing" ends up being a huge letdown once I actually get a taste of what it has to offer.

Is there no end to my suffering?

Maybe I just need an enema. hahahaha.

(keeps fingers crossed for doom3)

Sucks to be you then.

/me happily goes back to playing Morrowind
    I am disrespectful to dirt!

what are you looking for, I played No One Lives Forever and thought it was awesome, most recently Ghost Recon Desert Siege was also great. it's of course a follow up but it was fun to say the least. Are you gaming online? always adds an aspect or two. I must say that the games coming out may not be as "original" as you like, but most games I've played were good.

Ram09
    Ram09 :P

NOLF - One word... LITHTECH ugggg bad engine. Ok game though, but not great. Online games? Tried everquest, Asherons. Got sick of sitting around wainting to heal etc. LAME. Ghost Recon was OK. Not great though. Just OK. Not worth paying $50 for.

well then NOLF and GR must be good games if you rated them ok hehe I must agree that the lithtech engine wasn't great, but they still did a good job with the engine. I assume when NOLF2 comes out, it "should" be better. although it always seems like they never fix the right problem... but I still found them very entertaining especially over lan with friends.
    Ram09
    Ram09 :P

This year the only games I really played for a long time was RTCW, MOHAA, and global operation. I agree SOF2 wasnt very good. However I have played Gta3 a lot lately.
    Nothing in life is as certain as death, but death is not a wall but a doorway to a new adventure

most games last year were sad.

Commandos2 was good.
    Maxpayne.

They were all good.

all right.
    In 2002-2003 which are the good games commin out or come out.??

Jedi Knight 2: fun fun fun. I love using eeeevil dark force powers to crush someone's larynx

MOHAA: fun fun fun. Okay, I have to eat humble pie. I don't recall the thread I posted but YES, NOW I DO FEEL RIPPED OFF FROM THE ENDING LEVEL. There was no cinematic, or rolling out the red corvette -- nothing. Quite anit-climactic. But still fun to storm Omaha beach. Great score.

GTA3: Installed it, and within just watching the opening sequence UNinstalled it. Nope, that one will not be played in my house.

Max Payne: got it for $15 on misprinted ad. Played for a short time, but had other things to do. I've never picked it back up, but I'd have to say that it is fun, sometimes freaky (just walking near someone who's trippin on drugs makes me want to not play it)(

RTCW: yes, this one was fun. Looks great too. I still thought MOHAA was the funner of the two for the more 'realistic' setting, weapons, enemies. But it's still fun, especially online (oh yeah, gimme a Venom or Flamethrower )

M$Flight Simulator 2002: Weee! Looks so much better than 2000. You should see the Great Salt Lake from about 19000 feets nearing sunset. I'm enamored by the beautiful scenery, mountains, near Pyrrump (you know, Art Bell) I chased a ufo until I had to go to bed (stupid plane was too slow). Anyway, it was a welcome break from the typical blow-everything-away-that-moves type game. I even saw a site yesterday that you can download an SDK and other people's mods: <http://www.simviation.com>. I'd really like to put up highly accuarate depictions of my home area. BTW, my G3ti200 works superbly even with AA enabled on this one.

B.Quix
    "all animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others".
    George Orwell

You just too **** picky. Just about everything is a clone of something by now, its hard to find anything truly NEW. That doesn't make them not worth playing.
    Visionology Interactive Media
    http://www.visim.com

No worries, El_Brio's just invoking the first amendment is all when stating his opinion about the current crop of games. With that said, I'm still very much enjoying the awesome gameworld that is Morrowind. I've completed Serious Sam II which was some mindless, fps fun. Ghost Recon on the otherhand looks to be a winner. I really didn't get into RtCW as much as I thought I would. It felt pretty "hollow" to me.

Yeah, the majority of games out and soon to be released are pretty much rehashes of older, successful games. Developers will continue to take aspects of tried-and-true formulas and try to add their own twist to the gameplay...making it look "fresh".
    Last edited by namrak; 06-21-2002 at 09:21 PM.
    AMD Athlon 2500+ (oc'ed to 3200)
    Asus A7V600 motherboard
    1GB Kingston Hyper-X PC3200 memory
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro w/128MB oc'ed

I loved MOHAA I thought it was a great game. Also I can't stop playing Jedi 2. I love that. Even if I wasn't a Star Wars fan I think I would love this game. I would like for some new games to come out. Right now I have absolutely nothing to play. I'm bored.

Challenger

Would you play Tycoon-genre games?

I own and highly recommend these:

RollerCoaster Tycoon: Now, the gold pack is out with the original and the two expansion packs. A must buy and it only costs 20 bucks plus tax.

Zoo Tycoon plus the Dino Digs Expansion pack: The original is good and fresh. You build and run your own zoo, and the expansion pack lets you build dino exhibits.

I kinda recommend this game:

Monoploy Tycoon: If you like Monopoly and building and running businesses, then this is the game for you. However, it did get old for me after 5 or so months.

GTA3: Installed it, and within just watching the opening sequence UNinstalled it. Nope, that one will not be played in my house.
    Isn't that game rated Kids to adults. lol
    Nothing in life is as certain as death, but death is not a wall but a doorway to a new adventure

you suck. the PC game industry has lately been doing extremely well. GTA3, you dont just wonder around, u get jobs, do work 4 people. have u tried to play MOHAA or RTCW? sweet games. maybe its just that ur rig cannot handle it? i dont want to start anything though

If all of those games sucked, name 1 good one.
    Daedalus