Thread: KERNEL32.DLL and ATI?

KERNEL32.DLL and ATI?

Someone on another post suggested that the KERNEL32.DLL error that keeps occurring on IE 6.0 could be due to an ATI video card conflict. My son and I have no problems with IE5.5; but IE4.0 and IE6.0 really bomb out most of the time when Windows Explorer is opened; and the problem is progressive. Each of us has a different ATI AGP card model, though. Any constructive comments appreciated.

GeForce4, baby!
    MS MCP, MCSE

Originally posted by BipolarBill
    GeForce4, baby!
    I am hoping for a much less mucho dinero solution right now. ATI has been stable at all other points, and I hate to switch if it is not the culprit. The DVD program is great. You are talking to a man who plans on selling purple hull peas out of the garden in a couple of weeks to help make ends meet, that is, if the "normal" late June drought does not set in first and my straw hat doesn't wear out.

Ultimate Member
    Originally posted by Ifish25

I am hoping for a much less mucho dinero solution right now. ATI has been stable at all other points, and I hate to switch if it is not the culprit. The DVD program is great. You are talking to a man who plans on selling purple hull peas out of the garden in a couple of weeks to help make ends meet, that is, if the "normal" late June drought does not set in first and my straw hat doesn't wear out.
    Ifish...
    Did you try the ATI reference drives in place of whatever came on your pc's ATI drivers CD? Look for the "Powered by ATI" section at ATI's website. Good luck.
    jmichna

Originally posted by jmichna
    Ifish...
    Did you try the ATI reference drives in place of whatever came on your pc's ATI drivers CD? Look for the "Powered by ATI" section at ATI's website. Good luck.
    jmichna
    I have been installing ATI site drivers exclusively since I found that they are generally much more up to date. I will check for the specific area you mention.

Ultimate Member
    Originally posted by Ifish25

I have been installing ATI site drivers exclusively since I found that they are generally much more up to date. I will check for the specific area you mention.
    Ifish...
    When at the ATI site, there are sections for ATI "supplied" cards and ATI "powered" cards. The reference drivers are found in the "ATI Powered" section. Try here for direct link to section with reference drivers.
    Good luck,
    jmichna