Thread: Prices Crashing on CD-RWs

Prices Crashing on CD-RWs

The new 42x12x48 CD-RWs are really causing the bottom to fall out of the market on "lesser offerings. The available sophisticated software options for these "speed freaks" is still scarce, so I opted for a 24x10x40 Sony for my son's computer; since I had the same unit on my system. The only difference is that I spent $109.00 on the first unit 6 months ago, and then got a $30.00 rebate on it. The second purchase yesterday cost me $59.00 with S&H on a promo through Pricewatch with Veritas software from USSA.COM
    We have several CD-RW programs and thought Veritas might be a good experiment, since it worked OK on an HP unit we had awhile back. We still have Roxio and Nero to fall back on.

I know! I been loving it. Been buying sony 32's for $59 in either black or biege.

ehh 32x :\

i have trouble finding cdr media 16x and higher sometimes :\

also its a lot more expensive :\

i know that 12x burner takes about 7 minutes to fill up a cd and a 16x burner takes about 5 minutes

does anything higher make a very noticeable diff?

Originally posted by Shinta
    ehh 32x :\

i have trouble finding cdr media 16x and higher sometimes :\

also its a lot more expensive :\

i know that 12x burner takes about 7 minutes to fill up a cd and a 16x burner takes about 5 minutes

does anything higher make a very noticeable diff?
    That is why I settled on a 24x Sony. I just don't see the difference. Since recording is not an every day occurrence anyway; and the difference in actual time spent is only a matter of less than one minute or so; the speed facter is purely bravado. There is no guarantee that the faster writer will be stable for awhile, since the more sophisticated software is still being developed. Roxio required several upgrades just to get it up to 24x and XP compatible. I like the bottom line--->affordable, reliable, and completely adequate.