Thread: Which game has a really good AI?

Which game has a really good AI?

I have played many computer games, but a game I believe has a really good AI (Computer players, for those that don't know) is Monopoly Tycoon. The AI was programmed well to harass you through building on your property and then auctioning it off. Even though I did tire of the game after awhile, the computer players are tough, even in easy difficult.

Plus, the AI can anticipate what your next move is, and even lower its prices to compete with you. It's like playing online but you don't have to connect to play against other players.

Another great game to play that has great AI is Ghost Recon. I swear the opposition moves just like a regular human opponent, but they don't necessarily hit you every time from about a thousand meters out. Too many times great AI is attributed to an overwhelming force against you and/or opponents pegging from you from a thousand meters out if you peak around a corner of a building. Sometimes great AI is a clock timer level. Developers who think these ways are just exercising a gamer's patience level.

Anyway, back to Ghost Recon. Great tactical play against a tough AI opponent.

do chess games count? I know I'm not a great chess player, but it's pretty hard to beat the computer in those games.

SOF2 has pretty good AI.... TRICKY LITTLE BASTARDS!!! (sorry)
    Daedalus

Deep Blue.

Rainbow six rouge spear

ghost recon and sof 2

I think that Civilization 2 on the Harder levals are very very smart. they out trick me and out play me a lot when I play them, most the time more so than when playing a real human.
    Nothing in life is as certain as death, but death is not a wall but a doorway to a new adventure

I'll second Ghost recon. If you start firing at a group of soldiers you'd want to make sure you get all of them. At the elite level they scatter in formation and advance on your position using cover and actual battle tactics - and they are dead shots. Vicious gameplay!

Yea Ghost recon does have good AI, I didn't mention it since I really don't like the game. However it is very realistic with some good AI
    Nothing in life is as certain as death, but death is not a wall but a doorway to a new adventure

Have you ever played max pane their pretty damb dumb!
    Has Your Mind Ever Gone Blank? Well Mine Has and....

yo how many posts does it take 2 b a member!!!
    Has Your Mind Ever Gone Blank? Well Mine Has and....

It may not be the best but it is my favorite AI ever. C&C Red Alert is the greatest AI ever. It can be so dumb at times and so hard at other times. The best

I must agree on Ghost Recon, the most interesting aspect is that they will actually come out and hunt you down, not stand around while one of there guys got shot beside them. But another game that I thought would deserve credit would be No One Lives Forever, they were pretty realistic and although they were very talkative when chasing you down, they would creep up like a true dumb thug who did the job because it paid well(which was the role they were tryin to accomplish).
    did anyone think of Hitman as an option? they had the right idea, until they would find the body and just look around in a group for you to snipe them all.
    Ram09