Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Favorite game of all time

GIANTS : CITIZEN KABUTO

Starcraft.. thats all I have to say...

used to play sc but i dont get paid enough playing it now so i quit about a month ago

can find replays of me at www.broodwar.com/replays

i also used to work there x7-Chobo

Originally posted by Shinta
    used to play sc but i dont get paid enough playing it now so i quit about a month ago

can find replays of me at www.broodwar.com/replays

i also used to work there x7-Chobo
    The link dosnt work

My favourite is Total Annihilation. im suprised nobody has it on there lists. anyone played it? Its kinda like starcraft and C&C series but the way the resources are setup is unique to any other game.

TA was a nice change from the usually rts games at the time and its aged really well, i still play it online and its still addictive, shame they went bust and dont release any new units anymore.

Oh fav game is counter-strike the half-life mod, cant get enough of it!
    Scroobs

Ultimate Member
    TA was heralded as a great new thing, but as i cant stand RTS's i largley ignored it as i do all others, in fact the only two "strategy" type gfames ive actually played to any extent AND enjoyedare:

Myth II: Soulblighter
    and
    Black and white

...as they are non too heavy on resource collecting and all that cr@p.

Id reccomend em both - especially Myth II if you like a challenge from your games at later levels

--Jakk

yeah but couldnt get on with black and white, too many little fiddly things to do, like keeping the villigers happy
    Scroobs

sorry made an error with the link.. its...

http://www.broodwar.com/replay/

My favorite gam of all time is the Thief series: Thief: The Dark Project, Thief Gold, and Thief 2: The Metal Age. I even make missions and levels, which can be downloaded at www.thief-thecircle.com.

TaXi

Ultimate Member
    I quite enjoyed the thief demo's i played, but as it wasnt a commercial success over here, ive never seen any of the games in the local EB or Game or whatever it is this week , even though theyre both on budget release...

--Jakk

yeah, you might say that it was kind of an underground game. I only know one other person who has it. I think it would have been more successful had they made an ad campaign, because it's a great game.

-TaXi

I played it, at least the first one, it was very good.

I may put it back on my system again.

Thanks.
    "Dude you're getting a Dell." Obscure curse from the early 21st Century, ascribed to a minor demon-spirit known as "Stephen?" [sp].

I thought Thief was a winner too, but like Jakk, I couldn't find the full version anywhere. I was hoping to find a "gold edition" thief 1 and 2 in a discount bin somewhere, but this too never appeared. Loved the demo, never could find the **** game.

Favorite game of all time? Ultima III. I finished it on the C64 and wrote to Lord British who sent me back a fine, cloth poster and a nice, personally written letter. It wouldn't stand up now, but back then I was 10 and this game did it all!

A few years ago in deepest darkest Japan my wife and I got hooked on Gabriel Knight 2: the beast within. It's the only game we've ever played together and we both remember it fondly. Back in University it was Privateer - a good game I played to the end. Various others (warcrafts, starcrafts, Baldur's Gates) did well but it wasn't until the late nineties that I did Planescape: Torment when I found another gem.

I wanted to put NWN in the greatest of the generation pile but it didn't cut it for me. I'm hoping to try Morrowind next week and I'll see how that goes. RTCW is my current addiction but that twitch and jerk adrenalaine stuff gets thin real quick - what's got me hooked on this one is online play - never tried it before - killing real people is so... satisfying

Hey, 20 years of playing games on dozens of different platforms, did you really expect me to just choose one?

T

Yup, it's a great game, thief is. you can buy it on the internet, I think. Have you tried www.dragon.ca? also, try amazon.com.

TaXi