Thread: CD Burner Problems...

CD Burner Problems...

I have an Iomega 8/4/40 (?) and i have had some problems as of lately. It keeps uninstalling itself, but only since i ever bought Dark Age Of Camelot. Anyway, I also cant burn a cd from my regular cd drive.

My IDE channel is as follows:
    20 gig-7200 rpm hd on IDE Primary Master
    CD Burner Secondary Master
    Cd Rom Secondry Slave

Is the problem with my IDE setup?

My system:
    celeron 700 o/c @ 1.1 (runs at 32c)
    PNY Ge-Force 3 TI200 @ TI500 speeds
    512 pc-133 Kingston
    20 gig, 7200rpm
    Generic Motherboard w/ via 4.37's
    Win 2k Professinal

Please help if you can.

-Lord Sech

You probably can't copy on the fly because the IDE bus can't read and right at the same time. I have seen people get away with it successfully with repeated success but then again....

You will however lower the performance of your drive if you put the CDRW or CD onto the other bus (wheres the stop )

make your choice, or try un-installing the prog you bought.

Stefan
    Stefan

So how would you suggest i set it up to burn on the fly and still be able to burn?

-Lord Sech

Try latest Nero.
    Your IDE setup seems fine to me.
    Try using your HD for storing image file while using only your CD-R for copying CDs. It's better this way anyway, CD-R always reads better then plain CD-ROM.

The only thing i can suggest is make sure the IDE cable is securly in the cdrw.

As for burning. No offece ND but i dont think nero is a good program for on the fly copying. Iv has 4 CDRW so far (2 burnproof) and 9/10 times they fail for me, whereas Roxio Cd Copier (part od easy cd 5) works 95 of the time with no errors. But thats only my oppinion

No offence taken, tricktx, it's just that Nero supports more or less all known up-to-date burners, and works fairly well most of time. My favorite is NTI CD-Maker 2000 Pro, but it just doesn't support as much burners as Nero does

Im using nero 5.5.3.1 i believe. It seems to not want to do on the fly burns because of buffer under-run eras, But it doesnt want to when burn a normal mp3 cd. I dont know...Kinda stumped.

Any suggestions welcome.

-Lord Sech

the onlt thing i can suggest is to try anoher program for copying cd's on the fly. If your CDRW isnt burnproof then you will encounter problems when burning on the fly. The best option is to copy the image on to your hard disk and record it from there, but i know "sometimes" that isnt possible.

Again the only two ive used to reccomend are

CDRWIN http://www.rocketdownload.com/cgi-bi...wnloading.asp?

and

Easy Cd Creator http://www.voodoofiles.com/4345

IDE setup

Lord Sech, I would try putting your cd drive on your primary slave and leaving your cd burner on your secondary master. That way you're your not using the same secondary ide cable to send and recieve when copying from one cd drive to the other. And deisable "copy to hard drive first" in your burner program. PS> I use roxio EZ 5 and it hasn't made a coater yet! Knock on wood.

Nero woes

while on this topic...

Im having some troubles with NERO v.5.5.8.2. The burn process progresses along fine until it gets up to the end sessions. where it freaks out with :Command sequence error. Attached is a log file.

I have tried using CDRWIN and this seemed to work fine to copy a disk. Im running a P3 450 with a MAT****A CR-R CW7502.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files