Thread: My pc is freezing all of a sudden now.

My pc is freezing all of a sudden now.

Hello people. I'm always asking for help in some way shape or form. So thank you for assisting in advance. My 800 mhz duron, 654mb ram, win200NT was always stable and reliabler for 6 month. Now all of a sudden when I'm on-line playing on gamespy Unreal Tournament. My pc at some point will freeze. It never did this before. It's been doing this for a week now regularly. I changed the graphics card from a 8mb TNT2-LT to Geforce3 TI. The drivers are current and all seems normal. Until I'm on-line playing. The game plays well and looks good. My pc has not locked-up doing other tasks so far. I had just jet- defragged my pc using On tracks utilities 4. Since then I've been experiencing these problems. Any advice appreciated. Laterz.

Your video card and CPU are probably running hot. I'm willing to bet that better case cooling will help.

This is definitely video-related, BTW.
    MS MCP, MCSE

I think bill has the right idea. I had a 200 MMX I used to play Quake2 with. Once I bought the newest video card, and added some fans that problem went away. If you have a decent card, then get more airflow in the machine, and you should be good to go.
    Things that make you go HMMMMMM...

Look at your AGP arperture setting. Mine defaulted to 256 and UT and Q3 would freeze but nothing else would. Set it to 64 megs and smooth sailing so far. Good luck.
    -"Don't touch that!!!!!" -ZAPPPPP!- Hehe yet another excuse to upgrade-