Thread: Why is my Graphics 2D-Bitmaps performance so poor?

Why is my Graphics 2D-Bitmaps performance so poor?

According to Performance Test V3.5, the Graphics 2D-Bitmaps performance in my computer is very poor compared to several other computers I have tested, in particular to this old 233 Pentium II computer at work with this area performing nearly 50 times as good as mine.

My computer is a 433.9 Mhz Celeron with an NVidea MX200 GeForce2 AGP card. Another Celeron I tested also showed poorer performance in this area. With both these computers, I notice that mouse performance is very poor. Is this a symptom of poor 2D bitmapping performance? Is there any way I can correct this problem? Is there a way to confirm this problem with any of the other benchmarking software?

What was the videocard of the reference computer ? Oldest Matrox 2D-only cards once were the fastest in 2D, donno what's the situation comparing them to todays new nVIDIA GPUs, however.
    Anyway, poor mouse got nothing to do with it. Millions of ppl out there using nVIDIA videocards, you just have to upgrade to newer driver probably. Try Detonator v12.90, fast and stable. Try DetXP v27.42 if you like, too.