Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: been gone a while

been gone a while

i've been away for a while but now i'm back.... just wanted all my friends to know there is an afterlife and it is really laid back....

click your heels three times and overclock to your heart's content
    software is free and there are some killer apps
    beta's are bug-free
    windows never crashes

and today would have been my birthday....

thought some of you might have started missing my dancing so i left a little script in my task scheduler.... if my computer stays in service and doesn't get formatted, i'll drop by a few more times in the future...

missing you all,
    love,
    debi

So what she is saying is that she left her computer on and every now and then it will automaticaly come here and say a message? I think thats pretty cool! I miss ya debi.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Ultimate Member
    Wow... (sadly)...

jmichna

You guys are a real piece of work!!

SPEEDO

Happy Birthday girl

Thanks for visiting us
    Last edited by ND; 04-22-2002 at 08:37 PM.

Intimate Member
    Originally posted by SPEEDO
    You guys are a real piece of work!!

SPEEDO
    Yep, did you bite on that one SPEEDO? LOL

Ever the cynics. Debi's computer is in use regularly, but only on when needed. We weren't aware of her previously scheduled events, but not too suprised.

I'm going to let the other events occur as scheduled, so if her messages bother you, perhaps you should ignore them and enhance your calm.

Just a thought...

ND, so this is Debi. We did a few posts together and I would often read her qualified replies. I take my hat off to her for her expertise and generosity. She will be sadly missed on Sysopt.com. It will be comforting to see her message pop-ups. This is very sad news now I know who Debi is.

Peace.

G

Wow, I've seen movies like this! Mind you, they usually play them at 3am on Sunday mornings, but still.... uncanny!

"The machine is now alive"!
    blah.

This is weird..reminds me of Serial Experiments:Lain....Great Anime....

I do find this a bit creepy to see posts from "debi" or her computer...if she did do this, why? I mean part of the process for dealing with a person's death is to remember that person, using the memories in our minds...how are we to do this if some message pops up saying "Hi it's me debi, from Beyond the grave BOOOOOOOGIE BOOOOOGIE BOOOOO!..."

I'm sorry, but this is wrong.

Userver, I will be taking your advice of not responding any further..this is just sick.
    Tiger, tiger, burning bright,
    In the forest of the night,
    What immortal hand or eye
    Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

What I want to know is how she programmed her computer to sign on and post messages? I know she knew alot about computers, but this is really ingenious!

Intimate Member
    Pretty much the same thing happened at a different forum I attend last year..not quite as drastic, but still quite a farce until the instigator owned up to it. One person had several user names at the forum and would 'debate' himself to the point that the mods said that was enough. He acted like they were at each others throat at times, and wanted to meet in the middle somewhere and settle their differences ect.

Anyway, if this individual is having fun..and everybody here that has been sucked in believes it, cool.

As an example, look at this post.

i've been away for a while but now i'm back.... just wanted all my friends to know there is an afterlife and it is really laid back....

click your heels three times and overclock to your heart's content
    software is free and there are some killer apps
    beta's are bug-free
    windows never crashes
    If the computer is pre programmed to come on, access the net, then the forum, then this thread, reply to the thread...all by itself, then why is this 'dead' individual actually responding 'from beyond the grave'?. And if the individual has the ability to 'write' to his/her friends, there would be no need for a programmed script to do it..

Perhaps this writer is just practicing to become a well rounded fiction writer one day. It was interesting reading however, and I wish the author well in his/her future writing enterprises.

One thing that has me curious though.

How is the ISP getting paid for its services?

Maybe by using a DEBIT card...

SPEEDO

I'll like to know more about the sysopt setup before I pass Judgement, But if it's some idiots idea of a Joke, then it's a sick thing to do in someone elses' name and this should be the last one. No Questions Asked. A simple memorial thread would have sufficed.

"IF", on the other hand, it is her? then I can dig it, Happy Birthday!

As for "neenawneenaw" ghosts in the machine and the like ....., like I told my Kid when he came floating thru the bedroom door the other night, get back to bed and don't be bloody stupid.
    Last edited by Strawbs; 04-23-2002 at 05:01 PM.

Originally posted by Bovon
    Pretty much the same thing happened at a different forum I attend last year..not quite as drastic, but still quite a farce until the instigator owned up to it. One person had several user names at the forum and would 'debate' himself to the point that the mods said that was enough. He acted like they were at each others throat at times, and wanted to meet in the middle somewhere and settle their differences ect.

Anyway, if this individual is having fun..and everybody here that has been sucked in believes it, cool.

As an example, look at this post.

If the computer is pre programmed to come on, access the net, then the forum, then this thread, reply to the thread...all by itself, then why is this 'dead' individual actually responding 'from beyond the grave'?. And if the individual has the ability to 'write' to his/her friends, there would be no need for a programmed script to do it..

Perhaps this writer is just practicing to become a well rounded fiction writer one day. It was interesting reading however, and I wish the author well in his/her future writing enterprises.

I've been wondering the same thing. This all happened April 1st...In my emails with Debi, which I still have, I noticed that almost all of them were posted, word for word, here in Sysopt comunity in the ther Fatal_Exception topic....However, if it is some one playing some game, I don't wish them well...I think it's pretty disgusting...
    Tiger, tiger, burning bright,
    In the forest of the night,
    What immortal hand or eye
    Could frame thy fearful symmetry?