Thread: Need Ghost img restore help, please. Will pay $5

Need Ghost img restore help, please. Will pay $5

Hello
    I am having some OS trouble and need someone that knows Ghost 7, and can give me a simple step by step walk through, please.

The person that put my PC together for me, (I'm handicapped), also made a ghost image backup of the fresh OS and drivers. It's on 2CDs and a boot floppy. He used them once already, and bam bam bam he was done before I could ask. Well, he is not available, and I need a restore. I know you boot from the floppy, choose the partition your over writing, put in the first CD image and away you go. Well, I booted the floppy but was not sure what to do so I backed out. Being dependent on my PC for speaking for me to my caregivers and other things, I could not risk it without help.

I will paypal or drop a $5 money order to someone willing to give me a very specific detailed step by step walk through.

If you've done this before, and with the provided info, this should be easy.

OK, my main drive, (C:\ & D:\) is a 120GB drive, partitioned 20/100. The 20 gig partition is the C:\ drive, which is the drive to be erased and restored by Ghost. The ROM drive is J:\.

Please & thank you for anyones help. Pack'n lesheets24@aol.com
    Abit IC7 (1.3 BIOS) - P4 2.6C, Swiftech MCX-4000 92mm Panaflo - 2 x 512mb XMS3500c PT - Leadtek GF3 Ti500 <- - Audigy 2- WIN-TV PVR - Sony Dru500a DVD-RW - Lite-On 52X CD-RW - 250 ZIP - 5 x WD 120GB SE - Maxtor 120GB & WD 100GB via FireWire - Enermax 465 - Klipsch 5.1 Ultra - 19" Trinitron

It sounds like either you type "ghost"
    or

A:\
    CD\Ghost
    Ghost

I got this from their web site here:

http://service4.symantec.com/SUPPORT...&svy=p76922295

Some computers have a feature that allows them to be started from the CD-ROM drive with a bootable CD. If your computer is configured for this feature, you can start the computer from a bootable CD, and then restore the Ghost image either from that CD (if you already saved the image there) or from another CD. Here are the basic steps:

To start the computer:

1. Insert the bootable CD into the CD-ROM drive.
    2. Start the computer. The computer will display a DOS prompt, such as D:\>
    To launch Ghost:
    1. Insert the CD that has the image file (if it is not already in the drive).
    2. Launch Ghost.
    NOTE: There are a variety of ways to launch Ghost. Here are a few suggestions:
    If you saved the Ghost files to this CD, launch Ghost from the CD. Just type Ghost at the prompt.
    If you saved Ghost files on a different CD, remove this CD and insert the CD that has the Ghost files. Then type Ghost at the prompt.
    If you saved the image file and Ghost files to a bootable CD and configured Ghost to run silently from the Autoexec.bat file, inserting the CD can automatically launch Ghost and start the restoration process.
    If you saved Ghost files on a floppy disk, insert the floppy disk. Then change to the floppy disk drive and run Ghost:

A:\
    CD\Ghost
    Ghost

This assumes that A: is the letter for the floppy drive. Change to the appropriate drive if your drive letter is different.
    3. Restore the image as usual. When Ghost prompts you for the location of the image files, Ghost will display the CD-ROM drive as one of the choices.

I hope that helps. The info is free, and comes with no guarantee!
    Things that make you go HMMMMMM...

Keep yer money!

Boot from the floppy. Ghost should materialize ( ). Click Local > Partition > From Image. Select the *.GHO file on CD #1 and go. When you are prompted for a spanned filename, put in the 2nd CD and browse to *.GHS.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Gone
    Were nice folks. You dont have to pay us. We help because it feels good. A simple Thank You is worth more than $5.00. BipolarBill is a good guy always lending a hand when needed and once again I see he is to the rescue! Try what he said and let us know if you got it! If not someone will help (for FREE). Peace!