Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: United Devices - You can make a difference and help improve cancer treatment

surrealchereal

I too, have a tbird running Ud. But a bit cooler than your posted ºC - like presently at 45ºC. Box temp is 78ºF at present. I was concerned earlier cause I was running a bit hotter so installed a new H/S fan and has done fairly well at cooling the process. Isn't a problem, just a concern for me at the time.

Mine normally runs at about 48c but since I've put this UD program on It's been running at 53c I have been worried about it running to hot even at 48c, would like to get it down around 40c I'm not overclocking so not sure it should be running around 50c but am still trying to get it down, just waiting to get a dremel so I can put in another case fan.

I punched a hole in my case and added fans and it didn't really help.. The fan that worked best made my ears bleed, It was soooo loud, so it had to be replaced.

With 5 of em my den is overclocked! It's too hot in here! but it's over 100 outside here.

I just have one case fan on the front of my tower but I have the back side slotted to let the air out, but I want to put a fan on the top to pull the air up through the top to get good air flow. It's hot ouside here too but I have good'ol a/c on it's a nice 72f degrees in my house

My sys temp is at 35c or 95f so I need to get some better airflow to cool the darn thing down.

im running this now instead of seti. i joined team at thomas12. i just wish there was a console version or something so i wont have to put up with the fancy 3d drawings and stuff. oh well.

Happy to see things havent died down while I was sidelined off completing UD units and posting to SysOpt for a while.

I'm back and contributing again with an OCd P4 at 2.21Ghz I just broke 10,000 points recently.

Also, thank you to whoever made this thread sticky!!
    Last edited by shark_megabyte; 10-16-2002 at 07:42 PM.
    -- Sharky
    Overclock Results: http://www.sysopt.com/cgi-bin/overc/readfull.cgi?record=12574
    Currently using Inspiron 9100 and Latitude CPxj

I just broke 10,000 points recently.
    Congrats!!!!!

congrats on the 10,000.... I havent been UDing for a little either, coz my machine was running very hot recently, so i had to reduce is load....... but now i'm back... and i'm almost at 21,000 pts (i'm not trying to top you shark_megabyte, just i thought we should tell each outer how many points we all have, as a gauge as to how hard we are working towards this project!)

I think everyone should be proud of the points they make!
    You know sometimes a little friendly competiton is good! Helps the team.
    The team I'm on tease each other all the time about the points we make, .

You guys need to get recruiting for your board! Get the word out!

0 Points so far-- MY computer has not been able to finish a set.

I have an
    XP 2000
    XP Pro
    256 Crucial
    Lots of Cooling
    And I run the XP cooling Software all the time!

Any ideas? I have tried to uninstall it a few times with no luck!

0 Points so far-- MY computer has not been able to finish a set.
    How long are you waiting for your computer to finish the molecule? does your screen look like this? where it tells you how long it's been working and the percentage completed?

Yes, what do you mean by "not been able to"? It just hasnt finished one?

What kind of numbers can you give us from your UD agent?
    -- Sharky
    Overclock Results: http://www.sysopt.com/cgi-bin/overc/readfull.cgi?record=12574

I will check this weekend and Post the info Asap, I am work now and did not look at it.

I wish there was some way to get around my works Proxy server, cause I could have my Work PC pumping away too! Any ideas?

there is an option for when you are behind a proxy server.. .you just need to know the details of it.

Here is the screen shot of where you can do it once it is set up... i cant remember what you do when you are running the setup though.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

In PM, I've just challenged ardent AMD supporter 123eskk to a race vs. my OCed P4 1.6 (@2.21) in UD. The challenge is for him to join our team and pass me in Points Generated or Results Returned - using any AMD system - by Jan. 31. I figure he's likely to enjoy a shot at stomping on a Pentium, and it's the UD research that will win no matter what.

Let's see if he takes me up...

(It lists several installations for me on the team site, but I'm actually running UD only on my one desktop; those installs come from a retired laptop and several OS changes. I mainly run UD at night while I sleep. And he could be running something that outclasses me. So my head start isnt necessarily that huge. However if his CPU is slower than mine I'm willing to alter the terms)
    Last edited by shark_megabyte; 10-27-2002 at 03:29 AM.
    -- Sharky