Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: United Devices - You can make a difference and help improve cancer treatment

ok.. can i have another person be in on the AMD vs Intel on UD ??? I can get this person to start on the 20th of november... pluss.. if i wasnt in the UD already, i would have a go at watching the P4 eat AMD dust....

Sure why not. But watch what you say, I'm right behind you and closing in
    -- Sharky
    Overclock Results: http://www.sysopt.com/cgi-bin/overc/readfull.cgi?record=12574
    Currently using Inspiron 9100 and Latitude CPxj

i better go a bit harder (i lost my intel box to a sudden case of WTF HAPPENED.... WHY WONT IT START UP ANYMORE!??????)
    so i will need to get my friends system built soon then eh?

just gotta finish exams then we are gonna have it done...........

BTW: inetl box died-- AMD box goes stron with UD and RC-5 and the occasional Seti... i might have to stop RC-5 aswell.. give more CPU time to UD... :P
    Last edited by Grentarc; 10-27-2002 at 03:36 AM.

Sooner the better.

*fires up UD and queues up some fast paced techno on WinAmp*

-- Sharky
    Overclock Results: http://www.sysopt.com/cgi-bin/overc/readfull.cgi?record=12574

I'm just waiting for a new CPU.. I have a new motehrboard, new ram, new case... HDD that i will use when i get it RMA'd. .. then i will have a dediacted UD AMD device.....dammit eh? no money to pay for CPU..

*sits back and listens to some Nine Inch Nails.. while watching the molecules spin like hamsters in an overclocked wheel*

and besides. a litlle competition never hurt anyone now.... has it..............no, really.. has it??????

I don't know, you can tell me when I pass you in Results in a couple days *teehee*

I think it'll be good if we get a little competitive, the SETI team seems to have fun joshing each other from time to time, and I don't have a car so I might as well race my computer
    -- Sharky

Originally posted by strat1
    I will check this weekend and Post the info Asap, I am work now and did not look at it. I wish there was some way to get around my works Proxy server, cause I could have my Work PC pumping away too! Any ideas?
    I am all set up and running fine~

Thanks!

Why does it say my Storage is only .98 meg under the profile?

Because that's what it's set to. You get to choose how much space, at maximum, the UD agent is allowed to use to store its work units on your machine.

The settings are changed not in the agent itself, but by logging into the UD site and changing your machine profile there. The new settings are downloaded and take effect next time you get a new work unit.
    -- Sharky

Great thanks, I will look again! What are the best settings to do the most for the study ?

Why would my rating change a little bit from time to time? It is 115-120 and I think it has to do with my network rating! Weird!

It benches your machine every time you get a new work unit.. If you are doing stuff on the internet, or you are processing things while it is downloading, then your machine rating will be down... so, if you want to get a higher machine rating (although it makes no difference at all to anything) then dont do anything while it its getting a new WU...

Hows this for suckfullness:
    While using SoftFSB (POS software.. i prefer using my bios for overclocking!) my computer hung, causing me to reboot.. right?
    well.. UD was about 78% completed, so, when i rebooted, the UD completion went down to 0% and it had to start again .. along with the WU's CPU time... not happy!

i think UD must be closed before it saves its details on how much of the WU is completed.....

So, anyone else had this problem?

PS - Ending the UD.exe with windows task manager, it does save it's progress...

I think that may have happened to me once or twice. I don't know what to say except, try not to crash so much
    -- Sharky

Well, its a bit hard you see, coz i am running an M$ OS... (hafta if you wanna run UD.. will they bring out a Linux version.. nooo coz microsoft have to be one of the sponsors... )

Windows has its ritual crash every time i start up then it restarts explorer.exe and everything is fine.. untill i use software that makes it crash. oh well.. the troubles of curring cancer

Windows can be tuned to the point where it doesn't crash, you know

I've almost got it with this installation.. the only thing that irks Windows (XP Pro) is some strange collision that happens after UD, Kazaa Lite, and PopUp Killer have been running for several hours.
    -- Sharky