Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Intel PR berating AMD PR rating

Oh yea, we could start dropping Mneumonics in our posts...

PUSH
    POP
    XOR
    AND
    OR
    CMP
    JUMP

... The list goes on and on...

Gone
    rlbogue-

So memory word is the amount the cpu can take in one shot? Like the Pentium-P4 would be 32 bits= one memory word. Is that right? I think I messed up now that I look back.

8bits= 1 BYTE word This what I was thinking
    You said one MEMORY word which is = to the amount(bits) the cpu can handle in one shot. Is that right or am I still messed up? Thanx guys you are a big help!

Originally posted by $1500-P4 gamer
    rlbogueSo memory word is the amount the cpu can take in one shot?
    Yep, you're on track.

Gone
    Thanx rlbogue! You cleared that up for me. I feel like I have a better understanding of it now. Thanks again!

RanMa

You either are very new to the tech field, or you have very short memory. Before AMD came along, Intel had the new P60 chip. Then they quickly came out with the P90 chip. Ok, the P90 had the math co-processor flaw.. like excel calculating numbers with long integers gave erroneous results.. Intel didn't fess up for like 6 months, it was only the Feds when they got involved did they admit to being wrong. Again, the P-120 chip and P-150 chip.. different chips right? Wrong, P-150 was just a P-120 that could pass as a P-150, different lables. Again, PII-233-400 early versions of those chips also had another flaw.. where some of the chips flat out didn't engage the FPU. There are a few more.. but the point is, Intel, reliable? Dude, you are so uninformed.

The P60 was the processor with a FPU artihemetic error.

Long integers have nothing to do with big integer values.

The feds never got involved.

Some of the PIII 450s were capable of 600mhz. However, neither was a first production run(second stepping or later).

[The balance of this post was deleted by rlbogue 4/8/2002 21:00EST]
    Last edited by Ranma; 04-08-2002 at 08:53 PM.

Originally posted by Ranma
    The P60 was the processor with a FPU artihemetic error.
    Actually, it was the P60 that had an overheating problem. It was the P90 series that did have the FPU problem.

Rob

Neither Intel nor AMD have a perfect record for making processors. Nor has anyone else for that matter.

A lot of us on here have used all sorts of processors, Intel, AMD, and even Cyrix, and are conversant with their strengths and weaknesses.

Different companies have different products, but no company has ever tried to foist a worthless processor on the unsuspecting public.