Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GOUT!!!!!!!!!!

GOUT!!!!!!!!!!

do you have it? it hurts like hell!! if you have gout, what do you do for it? i know you really can't do much, because i have it. if you have any info or ideas that help you, please tell me........
    Dar

my grandfather used to take colchinine for his gout, alone or in combination with probenecid... i'm pretty sure both are prescription only, though grandpa had a great big bottle of crystalline colchinine he got from a chemistry lab. go to the doctor... gout makes you too cranky to be around.....

I used to have a boss who had gout real bad. He was normally the nicest old guy you'd ever want to meet, but when his gout flared up, he could turn into a real *******.

Anyway, besides the usually precriptions & such, he also drank a lot of cherry juice to counter the gout. It contains some type of acid that works to neutralize it. I don't have specifics, I'm just pulling from vague memories...
    I am disrespectful to dirt!

umm...........

wat's gout?
    L8z
    ~LILAZNDEVIL~

Re: GOUT!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by dar1again
    do you have it? it hurts like hell!! if you have gout, what do you do for it? i know you really can't do much, because i have it. if you have any info or ideas that help you, please tell me........
    Goto a doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goto a doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!

already did that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and they don't do anything but give you medicine!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dar

Gout is caused by an excess of uric acid in the body. This excess can be caused by an increase in production by the body, by under-elimination of uric acid by the kidneys or by increased intake of foods containing purines which are metabolized to uric acid in the body. Certain meats, seafood, dried peas and beans are particularly high in purines. Alcoholic beverages may also significantly increase uric acid levels and precipitate gout attacks.

With time, elevated levels of uric acid in the blood may lead to deposits around joints. Eventually, the uric acid may form needle-like crystals in joints, leading to acute gout attacks. Uric acid may also collect under the skin as tophi or in the urinary tract as kidney stones.

The drugs on the market today to control gout and the pain is great. Give the drugs time to work...

Please...
    would take it to:
    http://www.webmd.com/
    They must have a forum!
    This is too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by RedFanta
    Gout is caused by an excess of uric acid in the body. This excess can be caused by an increase in production by the body, by under-elimination of uric acid by the kidneys or by increased intake of foods containing purines which are metabolized to uric acid in the body. Certain meats, seafood, dried peas and beans are particularly high in purines. Alcoholic beverages may also significantly increase uric acid levels and precipitate gout attacks.

With time, elevated levels of uric acid in the blood may lead to deposits around joints. Eventually, the uric acid may form needle-like crystals in joints, leading to acute gout attacks. Uric acid may also collect under the skin as tophi or in the urinary tract as kidney stones.

The drugs on the market today to control gout and the pain is great. Give the drugs time to work...
    Out of curiousity, did you just know this off the top of your head or did you look this up...
    To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've
    wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went
    to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.

Originally posted by dar1again

already did that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and they don't do anything but give you medicine!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jeez, hope you didn't expect them to lop off a toe or something.... If you aren't going to take the medicine, be sure to put a warning sign on your front door...

Something like:

BEWARE GROUCHY S*B INSIDE!
    Last edited by Fatal_Exception; 03-23-2002 at 10:39 AM.

Try re-posting in technical support

Gout has been in my family for as long as I can remember.
    I can remember as a little kid walking by my dad and him yelling at me because the breeze I made hurt his toe! I think gout's nickname is the "king of disease". They didnt have the drugs that helped like they have now.

Let me tell you I would rather kick a sleeping bear than be around my dad when he had the gout. All my aunts and uncles get it too. My grandma use to get it but bless her heart she was never a "bear"...

So to answer your question posthumous, yes I know all about gout because I have lived with it all my life. Its amazing how much you learn about a condition when it controls your behavor and health...

So to answer your question posthumous, yes I know all about gout because I have lived with it all my life. Its amazing how much you learn about a condition when it controls your behavor and health...
    I can sympathise. I have been fighting psoriasis for more than 20 years now with very little success.

But look on the bright side - I could be sick aswell

Gout has been in my family for as long as I can remember.
    I can remember as a little kid walking by my dad and him yelling at me because the breeze I made hurt his toe! I think gout's nickname is the "king of disease". They didnt have the drugs that helped like they have now.

Let me tell you I would rather kick a sleeping bear than be around my dad when he had the gout. All my aunts and uncles get it too. My grandma use to get it but bless her heart she was never a "bear"...

****, that really sucks
    To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've
    wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went
    to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.