Thread: why life sucks, and doesn't

Hybrid View

why life sucks, and doesn't

do u ever have those days when you wished, "God why did you create me" and are feeling bad, etc

Humans go through alot pain, sorrow,worry in life.
    It ponders me why then God create us.
    Must be some big test that he is giving us.

To those of you with lots of money etc, Have fun

Intimate Member
    A few years back, there was a very popular country song called, "I never promised you a rose garden"...maybe thats what God sings?..

All jokes aside, its really different strokes for different folks. I have no clue how old you are, what part of the world you live in ect, but some people just have that great ability to never be bothered by anything. I am retired...so you know what general age group I am in. I have seen all kinds...some people go ape sh** if anything at all is not going according to how they think it should. Then there are those that flat out don't give a **** if the sun don't shine.

In my travels thru life, I have seen just about every kind...some are so high strung that every day is a challenge just to get out of bed, others take adversity and it rolls off them like water on a ducks back.

Some of us can't help ourselves...some work at it a lifetime and most succeed in getting to a point where most things don't bother us too much. We have to go thru this life and learn by ourselves...we can make it a diffucult trip, or we can decide that there is just so much adversity we can deal with and change...once we can make that decision...the better off we will be.

To those that are religious...yes, life is a test...and...there will be an examination.

Its great to have pleanty of money...I never had enough, no matter how much I made, and I went from about $8 grand a year as a working stiff to over $75 grand when I retired...even that wasn't 'enough'. Money is never the answer...how you use what you have is.

Any individual can beat his/her brains out on a daily basis and get nowhere, or he/she can make the decision to take each day, one at a time...plan ahead as much as possible, do what they can to make the days work or play the best possible. Learn early to deligate out to someone else some of the daily chores...your day will never be long enough to do it all, and you will always be frustrated if you try.

Its kind of like Windows...
    damned if you do, damned if you don't!
    (Religious connotations aside)

Look at poor Bill Gates even he doesn't have enough money...

SPEEDO

How do you know it's going to be a bad day?

When you wake up in the morning and put your bra on backwards and suddenly discover it fits better

There's an old Chinese proverb that springs to mind.

Man who go to bd with problem in hand -

wakes up with solution on sheet

no no
    man who sleep with problem of sex on mind, awakens with solution in hand!

I've done a lot of stupid things in my lifetime. While I won't go into detail here, I'll just say that most of them are still coming back to haunt me, even though I've been on the straight and narrow for about 4 years now.

Somedays I hate myself, and can't stand the thought of living another day. Somedays I love myself to the point of narcissm. Sometimes I despise the hand the I've been dealt in life, other days I feel like I'm the luckiest SOB on earth.

The point is, life isn't perfect. You've got to take what's thrown at you, and handle it to the best of your ability. If you can't, you won't survive - it's just that simple.

You also can't forget the past, but at the same time, you can't live in it. You've got to learn from your mistakes, but not dwell on them. If you do, you'll just keep saying "If I had done this...", which will get you nowhere.

And finally, one thing a very good friend once told me, "Unless you find a genie a bottle, never say 'I wish'." You can dream, but don't wish. Dreaming means you have a vision...wishing means you want your problems to magically solve themselves.
    I am disrespectful to dirt!

I often ask the question ... WHY???
    In sept I lost my dad then in Feb my brother in law.. 6 yrs ago I lost my mom.. I have no parents. (although I knew them for only a short while still my parents). All my grandparents are gone.
    I don't understand why..... I am still greatfull for what I have now but still I have so much pain bottles up inside me from loss I don't know where to place it. I know I will never know why exactly but at least the wondering keeps me goin

Life is Perfect Because it's Not...

Well I sadly see I can't put my problems into my computer, I've been upgrading and tweaking......

Now my *** is about 3 inches wider, There is a strange smell in my chair, and I'm up to 206lbs not that bad for my height 6'3". but anyways, I used ta box a little while ago and that was a perfect stress release. I'm going on a diet next week, I'm working on a six pack, or at least a 4 pack .

God works in mysterious ways, sometimes he's kickin your ***, but it's just to make you stronger. I'm not going thru nothing really important besides puberty, but I do have my share of sorrow. All I got to say is you feel what you want just learn to control it.

Although I don't have a set religion I do believe in god, and I beleive life is what you make it. If your gonna be rich do it, don't just talk about it. If you need help there's no one better than god. He helped me when I was close to the end, well It's gettin too soft for my tastes, jus had to let that out before I hit the hay.

Well at 16,
    17 in june,
    I'm really looking at my life and it could benifit from some changes.

Life is the greatest!!!!!

Thanks God!!!
    Have a nice day

Originally posted by Mr. Sparkle
    I've done a lot of stupid things in my lifetime. While I won't go into detail here, I'll just say that most of them are still coming back to haunt me, even though I've been on the straight and narrow for about 4 years now.

Somedays I hate myself, and can't stand the thought of living another day. Somedays I love myself to the point of narcissm. Sometimes I despise the hand the I've been dealt in life, other days I feel like I'm the luckiest SOB on earth.

The point is, life isn't perfect. You've got to take what's thrown at you, and handle it to the best of your ability. If you can't, you won't survive - it's just that simple.

You also can't forget the past, but at the same time, you can't live in it. You've got to learn from your mistakes, but not dwell on them. If you do, you'll just keep saying "If I had done this...", which will get you nowhere.

And finally, one thing a very good friend once told me, "Unless you find a genie a bottle, never say 'I wish'." You can dream, but don't wish. Dreaming means you have a vision...wishing means you want your problems to magically solve themselves.
    Well said, Former Mistah C.
    Tiger, tiger, burning bright,
    In the forest of the night,
    What immortal hand or eye
    Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

HEY!

HEY! it's true what they say. "whatever doesnt kill ya only makes ya stronger"
    I'm 42, single dad of a 6 year old beautiful lil girl. the ex is dying in a hospital and it tears up my child alot. recovering alcoholic and addict will be sober 16 years come may 28th. born and raised on the streets of nyc. spent time in the jungles of central america working for uncle scam. sometimes it seems as though it's always an uphill battle day by day. cant ever seem to get ahead financially..always bills to pay. BSOD's hounding me.LOL. it's the time of year where the repair shop is dead and the $ are scarce. a year ago a relative passed away that left me alot of money...but wouldnt you know it one of the relatives made the will go poof. now they vacation in europe while I still wrench away on broken down cars to earn my way through this world. I could go on and on and on...But for the grace of god I'm alive and kickin. and each night when I put the lil one to bed and she reaches up and says "daddy, I love you" and pulls me in for a great big hug I know why I keep marching through this life and remember this motto "Do no harm unto others" and one day soon more will be revealed...least thats what I like ta think.

Originally posted by michaeln
    How do you know it's going to be a bad day?

When you wake up in the morning and put your bra on backwards and suddenly discover it fits better
    I think my wife would would suspect something was wrong as well.