Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Need some more help folks..Win95 install

Ya ain't gonna believe this!! Got PC2 working and online, and looks good. Got on PC1 this morning, and everything started skewing to the right....on the desktop, on control panel, etc. Just got off the phone with Dell and my keyborad has gone. Man, that's great news. Hell, I thought I had a progressive virus that was wiping out my HDD.

Funny thing is, I borrowed my son's keyboard now to type this.

Still haven't got the sharing thing straightened out. My Dad's in the hospital and not looking good at all. Been driving back and forth for the last three days. He just turned 80 on Monday,and Monday night he has a biopsy. Life is strange.

Thanks for all the help, and if you could stear me towards a "sharing files" conclusion or suggestions would be great.

Thanks all.....Jim.
    Last edited by jim.t; 03-29-2002 at 10:11 PM.

Hey, glad to hear most is working.Sorry about your Dad.

For sharing do you have netbeui,file and print sharing,tcp/ip or what installed in network neighborhhood?

Also need client for microsoft networks.

Here's the short version:
    http://www.landiss.com/win95net.htm
    Last edited by rextex; 03-29-2002 at 11:33 PM.

Jim.Please see this post as I know how Fatal_Exception was helping out so much here I thought you should know.
    I have asked Steve Jones to see if it can be confirmed and a note of it made.
    Regretfully,and Most Sincerly,
    R.K. a.k.a. "rextex"
    http://www.sysopt.com/forum/showthre...hreadid=102147

Thanks for passing that along Rex.

I have to tell you, I sat and stared at the screen for the longest time in disbelief before I could type anything, and a few tears hit the keyboard. My deepest and most sincere condolences to the family and friends.

Thanks for the other info also. I setup TCP/IP, Netbeui for protection, and file sharing. There's alot of the help instruction for setting this up with TCP and Netbeui, but it gets a little thin when you have a router and trying to setup sharing also.
    Last edited by jim.t; 03-30-2002 at 08:45 AM.