Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Female members at SysOpt !?

Originally posted by Fatal_Exception
    please accept my apology... i wish i had more time to get to know you... please, enjoy life while you can...
    ??? You wish you had more time to get to know me?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA...sorry, that was a classic.

Who says I don't enjoy life??
    Tiger, tiger, burning bright,
    In the forest of the night,
    What immortal hand or eye
    Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

check your private messages

check your private messages
    I did, an sent back. Thanks for setting me straight. Who says we can't get to know each other??

UMD = University of Maryland (GO TERPS!!!)

I'm on the College Park campus, because the Baltimore Campus sucks and doesn't have as many resources.

I, for one, am glad that not all women consider it their duty to be a ditz. I'm tired of "What do you mean write click on the desktop? I don't respect a person who doesn't know how to maintain what they own or use. That usually entails knowing something about how that particular item actually works.

The last time I fell in love was when I saw a bright young woman actually climb up into her engine compartment and start disassembling her air cleaner. Oh sure, it's a small thing to most guys, but she was into it. You have to respect that.

I suspect that some of the more chauvinistic remarks uttered here were actually "tongue-in-cheek". I wouldn't take them too seriously.

For my part, I am going to continue to treat the female members here as men. That may be an insult or a backhanded compliment, depending on your viewpoint. I'm just more comfortable with it that way.

Cheers to all.
    Last edited by BipolarBill; 03-28-2002 at 04:59 PM.
    MS MCP, MCSE

i apologize for the posts by Web Devil and Userserver. I will ask them to delete their messages from the thread when i see them....

gosh, seems like i'm apologizing a lot lately

i apologize for the posts by Web Devil and Userserver. I will ask them to delete their messages from the thread when i see them....

gosh, seems like i'm apologizing a lot lately
    Why apologize???

Well it is the "civil" thing to do and implies some level of humility. I don't know about others, but I think that humility is a virtue.

Besides...there's that little "PM" button down there for "private" messaging.
    MS MCP, MCSE

I believe its just an instinct for men to behave like they do. Just one tiny glimpse of pheromone and their off. Personally I'm glad there are some (should be more) women out there prepared to stand up and be counted. Just imagine if the next president was a woman and how the world would be then !!!

PS had two older sisters who beat the **** chauvanist out of me whilst quite young, a mother who insisted I learn to sew and cook and two daughters who I want to see 'reach the stars'.

PPS That isn't to say I don't react to my primordial instincts.

web devil and userserver are two of the most caring and romanti people i've ever met. one came from antartica and the other from england just to give me a party! both have to return to finish their work.

they arranged a concert, bought wine and made arrangements to have "Life is a House" projected on the side of our old barn, while traveling home... you should all be so lucky to know people like them....

should i ask them to delete the messages?

Waz up fatal? Long time no talk. Hey i got someone to buy that old computer for $30!!

I think that's really cool of them Fatal...I say don't delete the messages. This particular post is incredibly casual anyway...

And besides, it's good to see a glimpse into the lives of people that we see posting all the time...

[CHEESE]
    That's what makes the SysOpt Community!
    [/CHEESE]

Jason

I prefer dealing with women when calling on tech support, my private bank account manager, cellphone company or any other phone supports - I simply enjoy hearing woman's voice
    When I hear men - I hang-up and call again

Oh...that's baaaad.

They do seem to be more patient with we n00bs, though.
    MS MCP, MCSE

That's not bad, I just happen to like women more then men
    And I'm not a nOOb !

And I like to be polite ... when I call and somebody answer me, I always ask "how are you today ?" and such ... you can only imagine what it does to some poor girl who sits there probably for already 6 hours and keeps hearing nothing but yelling ...