Thread: An Idea!

An Idea!

Hey

I was just lurking around here and ive noticed that you don't seem to have a chat room(correct me if im wrong). I just thought if you guys wanted to you could use my chat room?

If anybody is interested please give me a shout and i will post the address and instuctions(btw it is in irc)

the problem with chat rooms is that it is real time. It requires users to be there, while as with forums you visit it when you want.

I much prefer a forum - I can get away with looking here at work

stefan
    Stefan

yeah sure, no worries!

A chat would be nice for live help. Like if you and your friend got on at the same time you can help each other live.

Well if you want to post url, I'm sure you might get some responses.I don't generally like chat software and have none installed.One of the reasons I'm here at Sysopt a lot.

I've noticed chat rooms tend to driven by gamesmanship and it would probably be worse on a site like this where a lot of people help others for ego satisfaction (after all, the pay isn't very good).

I didn't realize it at first, but you can really step on others toes if you contradict them and try to correct misinformation they've posted. I've decided it requires too much diplomacy to contradict somebody unless it is a potentially dangerous situation. And even then....

I've worked with others via private message for almost real time assistance.

Re: An Idea!

Originally posted by Linkin' Park
    Hey

I was just lurking around here and ive noticed that you don't seem to have a chat room(correct me if im wrong). I just thought if you guys wanted to you could use my chat room?

If anybody is interested please give me a shout and i will post the address and instuctions(btw it is in irc)

A chat room would be cool. The thing is, if they had a chat room and you weren't comfortable using it cause of the vibe, well, then you wouldn't use it. It would be nice to have the option though.
    To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've
    wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went
    to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.

There used to be and probably still is a groupd list in icq, for this sort of thing, i cannot remember who ran it, this was a few years back mind.

Does anyone else remeber this and if so, what was the number for it??

could solve a few problems.

Dave

Use to use Chat software years ago, chatted and made friends with people all over the world, that was before every Tom, Dick and Harry had a network connection. Now I don't use chat at all, too many morons with little by way of brain cells and those they have only process four letter words or seem to be powered by their lower regions. Shame.