View Poll Results: Do we need new articles/reviews at Sysopt.com?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! We need some updated articles/reviews.

11 91.67%
  • NO! We don't need some updated articles/reviews.

0 0%
  • I need those oldies, my parts are that old!

1 8.33%
  • Reviews? Articles? Where?! Where?!

0 0%

Thread: WE NEED NEW ARTICLES & REVIEWS!!!

WE NEED NEW ARTICLES & REVIEWS!!!

I don't know if anyone has checked or even noticed this, but most of the articles here at sysopt are from like 2000, some from 2001 and even some from 1999. The same thing for reviews. Isn't it time that somebody wrote some updated ones? With all the techies we have here, we should be able to come up with some things about current technology. I don't know if anyone wants me to write anything, but if you can suggest anything that you think I could do a write up on, as in something you think I'm knowlegable about, I'm all ears.

Yes we do need up-to-date articles here at SysOpt. I think you should write what you know about and submit it to Steve and ask him to publish it. I ‘v notice some knowledgeable people here it would be very good for SysOpt to have new articles and reviews.

I've tried to write a few myself but the website says that I am not authorized. I haven't tried since becoming a moderator.

I agree. We should be submitting white papers. There was a good discussion on RDRAM on one of the forums. I'd love to see a detail explaination.

Cheers!

Yeah, I totaly agree here, we need more upto date articles, even if it just to cover aspects of new technology that have appeared since the old articles were written.

Also, it would be nice to try and cover some of the new trends that are knocking about now, like trying to get a fast computer that does'nt sound like a hairdryer gone mad (smoething I am personaly aiming for). As there are lots of new sites poping up with some good content, and I feel the main site here is slowly dying, while the forums cary on oblivious.

But this is only my view, so if people think I should try and do something about it, I'm sure I could help, as I have way too much spare time here (Imean whou actualy wants to do work at university?).
    Bigparsnip.