Thread: Fried my Radeon LE

Fried my Radeon LE

****!!! Well.. it was great while it lasted... Some of you might have noticed my post from a few days ago when I got my Radeon LE from 147Mhz to 191Mhz... Well, I put the card at 191Mhz and played some Max Payne. I made it through 1 level and BOOM, up in smoke it goes.

So I goto the store like 20 minutes later and pick up a Radeon 7000 TV-Out. It SUCKS, dont' get this card. It's like half the speed of my radeon LE.

What really sucks is that I put heatsinks on it's ram chips and OC'd it before even testing it out, so now I can't bring it back with those heatsinks glued there. :0) So I'v got this 150$ POS and I don't have money to eat for the next 3 days. Wonderful.

~Paul
    |}~(O)~{|

Its time to call your mommy for money

Why not just get you a geforce3 and be done with ATI? The new geforce4 mx's arn't over 200 (that I have seen)
    Chris Stafford

two reasons: Visual Quality, Price

I just bought a retail version of the 64Meg Radeon DDR VIVO on e-bay for 90$. that'l be fine for a while.

~Paul
    |}~(O)~{|

WHoa! I remembered your post too! Man thank God I only ran 3dmark for a few times whtn it was clocked at 190mhz on my LE!!! eck! Been using it at 183 so far.
    What were you thinking about when u got that crappy radoen 7000? it has a lousy 64bit chipset and no hyperZ whatsoever!

think i should go out and stock up some more LEs

mx400 doesn't even hold a candle to a radeon le/DDR. let alone it's more expensive that it either!

Agreed, for the money the Radeon LE is definetly a good choice. I'm selling my new 7000 (after having it 3 days). Anybody interested??

~Paul
    |}~(O)~{|

You know, The Radeon LE seems to be basically the same as the 7000. Might want to look for a 7200 instead.

After owning both, I can tell you right now that the 7000 is NOT the same as the LE. I dunno about the 7200.

~Paul
    |}~(O)~{|

OOPS! Your right. I was thinking of the VE, The LE seems to be more like th 7200. Excepth ATI says it was mean't for the Chinese market. If that makes any difference.

What is the best ATI Radeon card?? price is not a issue, just performance!!

That would be the 8500. they are coming out with a 128 DDR MB version that's supposed to be the best.

no the 7200 is not the same as the LE. They both share 128-bit chipset. But the 7200 comes with SDR which chokes the capability of this chip. While the LE coems with DDR. So there you go!
    LE is way cheaper than either of those 7xxxx cards and offer better performance once you do the simple tweaks.