Thread: Which Ti 200?

Which Ti 200?

I want the best Gefore Ti 200. I may over clock it so I want the safest one to over clock.

First off i am "assuming" you mean a g3. I checked a few reviews and roundups like most new g3 cards (original/ti500) all the cards i saw performed the same. One thing I know is that hercules puts some pretty good cooling on there cards but if you want to overclock you prob want to buy a seperate high performance cooler anyway. so if you want my advice go for the cheapest name brand you can find.
    Joe

Pajee

One of the best cards i have seen is the PNY ge-force 3 ti200. A great performing card with good core heatsink and fan..Plus ram sinks. It comes with 4ns ddr ram which offers great overclocking potetenial. I am very pleased with mine.

It also comes with 21.xx drivers which are very stable and offer overclock software. Mine is up from 175/400 to 230/450, no glitches at all.

They are 159.00 (168.00 w/ shipping) From www.newegg.com

-Lord Sech

Take a look here

I would say the MSI GF3 TI200 ProTD

The book and box list the core Frequency at 175, however the box does list it as haveing a 200 Mhz rated core , eventhough iy's clocked to spec, and acording to Tomshardware.com it comes with 4ns Memory which it does. I haven't tryed any super overclocking but I set it to 200\500 it runs flawless and the test online at Nvidia that read it as GeForceTi 200 clocked normall now reads it as a reg. GF3. I love my MSI card plus its about $156.00 on Pricewatch and has bothe DV-I and TV Out as well as the standard Analog out.

Sean

Hi Pajee,

First as others have said I assume you mean a GF3 Ti200 and not GF2 Ti200. If it's a GF2 then let me suggest saving up the extra few bucks and getting the GF3......it's worth it.

Really there are many choices. Search usenet and some nvidia forums and see which ones give the best 2D quality (important for me) along with having good cooling and quality/fast memory (for overclocking).

My searching indicates these cards as being good:

--Asus deluxe (not the regular as they do not have ramsinks)
    --MSI
    --Gainward
    --PNY

I have the PNY and am amazed that I've gone as far as 250/550 overclock without problems or artifacts. I really don't need this kind of speed so I run it at 210/500 (little faster than GF3).

Good Luck

Regards,

JeffD

PNY Geforce3 Ti200

I have one and it works great. I have had it overclocked @ 220/500 for quite a while now with absolutely no problems. I did make one mod to it though. I removed the stock HSF and bought a Blue Orb VGA chipset fan for it. Works great!

Slapshot

Hi Slapshot,

Blur orb....good choice.

Another option for those who don't want to remove the stock cooling and don't want to mess with any warranty issues (PNY has a lifetime warranty....not to shabby) is to buy a dual 80MM overhead bracket fan. These fans screw in over the top of your PCI/AGP cards and push air down (no case mods needed)....in my case I placed it so that it would cool both sides of the video card. They work great and can be picked up less than $15.

Regards,

JeffD