Thread: voodoo 3500 troubles!

voodoo 3500 troubles!

k long story short i have a voodoo 3500 and i have tried a few times now to use it agian but i seem to get like yellow lines on anything that is white verticaly, and basicly when i move the mouse parts of the mouse stay everywhere then the wall paper begins to move with he mouse, like sections, then when i go over things basicly it looks like a big jumble of things.... very ugly, basicly i would lie to know is it broke some how..... i changed all my refresh rates and screen res, and agp speeds and bios things... played around and all the same, i used this in my compaq 5100 and on my frineds built comps with a amd 1600xp and a gigabyte board....... so i mean what does that usualy mean something wrong with my cpu on my card?!?!?!?!? or maybe something else, please inform me i would like to use this card
    Now how the hell did I do that?

Its ur Card.Main problem might be the newer AGP Standard, means more Volts on the AGP Bus.Try AGP 1x ore 2x and 64MB Aparture as well.

take a look at this site http://www.voodoofiles.com/

it was actualy me who has the card but i was at my busds house when i posted that, i did change the agp setting, and i changed the age settings to 16 mb/.... maybe i will try 2x agp speed WITH 64 mb apiture...... and i'll let you know how it goes

What seems to be exactly the problem ?!
    In which games/apps you're experiencing it ?

Voodoo3 3500 is AGP 2x card, and "AGP Aperture" setting is meaningless, cause the card can't even do AGP Texturing.

Look at the site suggested above, they indeed have some good info about misc. problems and new drivers, too.

k well then we set the agp to 2x and tried it.... it just is a really messy looking, its like.... ummmm, like the screen is breaking into peices and it scaters all over, really had to say, but when i change vid modes it clears up a can read somethings but if i move the mouse its liek the pices start moving around.. its really weird, what i thoguht was the connetion its like somethign isn't sending the right data..... if i could take a screen shot i would show yeah.... but it does it in everything even on boot up... well in dos its fine, when windows screen pops up you can tell theres line behind colors that are differnt colors, like where theres blue theres pink lines threw it and white theres yelow line, but its not an patterern its compleatly random... and beside my mouse to the left if i move my mouse what ever my mouse movers over pices of it show up to the left liek its displaying twice... but again its tottaly random not like it makes a clear pather parts are just scarmble... very hard to understand, and even harder to explain.... lol

another thing i ahve tried it in 2 comps, and lots of drivers... like probably 4-5 diff types, and tools and basicly everything at voodoofiles.com
    Last edited by TiGgErDbC; 01-17-2002 at 01:25 AM.

This definately sounds like a driver problems. When you install the drivers make sure that you remove the previous drivers. You can do this by chaging the adapter type to standard vga adn restaring your omputer. Then change the adapter again to the voodoo 3500 .

i don't know though, the first comp ran it for a long time then one day went liek this, then the other comp have never ran it or and voodoo cards before and tyhe exact same thing happened.

it's probably time for a new video card, like a GeForce2 or 3

awwww i bought this card for a steal of 100 canadian and it worked great and wanted to use it with xp cause i'm getting poor performance with my onboard vid now.. i knew it was only a matter of time but i really wanted to get to use the card... oh well..... maybe i can buy another or wait for the g4 and the new radion.
    Last edited by TiGgErDbC; 01-17-2002 at 09:38 PM.

This sounds like a driver conflict problem. I would uninstall ALL vdx drivers, return to PCI-VGA adapter, then install new Voodoo drivers. I think Voodoo has a registry editor program that erases all previous driver versions. Also: make sure onboard video is disabled through Device Manager, and you're running AGP 2X.

K SO I PUT THIS CARD IN MY REFORMATED FRESH VERSION OF(sorry about the caps) win xp, i put the newest drivers in from voodoo files, and i get the same stuff, very scrably looking..... so i play with it uninstall reinstall then i reinstall the digitaly signed drivers, well now its now scrably the pickture stays together, but i'ls stuck at 800x600 and 4 bit color!!!!! 2 things i think that could be a prob... i can't set my agp speed in the bios.. i conuldn'
    t find anythign and alos i checked the driver details and it said i was running on a pci bus?!?!?! need help please looks like i sorta have this card headed in the right direction...

also i installed the xp drivers for my monitor viewsonic a 70f... but it says in display its running multiple monuitors.....?!?!?!?!?!? can't be..... unless my other on board vid card is still on but i disabled it before i put the new card in....?!?!?!?!

K its running 32 bit, 85hz refresh, still says mutlitly monitor is on.... but right nwo its perfect.. i dont' knwo what i did i restarted 3-4 times.... uninstalled them al then reinsalled vid card and monitor drivers... btu now it seems to work.. i turn buds mastering off on my mb... it is running at 2x, but is bus mastering important.. i'm goign to do some bench marks just to see what happenes, but i'm scared to just restart this

Disable the onboard graphics chipset in the Devoce Manager. You'll then be able to control resolution.