Thread: Best anti-hacking software

Best anti-hacking software

What is the best software for the internet to see if anyone is hacking in and for preventing them getting in?

Anit-Hacking software... i.e., Firewalls?

I like to use Tiny Personal Firewall myself, but Sygate makes a good free firewall and so is PC Viper.

Setiguy 2000
    The Truth IS Out There !!

Since 9-11-2001, the Constitution of the U.S. has been shredded by the current administration.

Post Sentry and IP Chains ... although i'm not sure those are available on win boxes.
    Best thign i'd think of is having a typical firewal which would allow you to packetfilter, block certain IP's from connecting and sending packets, etc. Then get a logger which would allow you to log any IP's that may be portscanning you, etc. Look at the log, then gather a list of IP's , run them into your firewall, keep doing that until it stops .

I agree with Tiny Personal Firewall. It catches a lot of in and outbound traffic you aren't really aware of. A few other programs I use are:

"Tesseract" (Win NT - 2K based systems) that allows you to see real-time connections in and out of your TCP/IP stack.

The same site has another utility called "Netmon" that gives a good view of all (TCP, IP UDP, etc) sockets that are open and what state they're in.

http://www.tinysoftware.com/
    http://go.to/adamant

Depending on what you want, there are tools out there that will allow you to just about do anything...