Thread: Help preventing junk email

Help preventing junk email

Dear sir/madam,

I have a mailcity account which I have had for a while now. The problem is that I am getting a lot of junk mail sent to this account and I don't know if there is a particular reason for it or if this is a common thing with this type of account? The amount of junk mail I am getting is making using this account difficult and I am thinking that perhaps the only thing is to abandon the account. I am hoping you can tell me:-

1. Is it possible to prevent getting any more junk email or at least reduce it?

2. How do I go about preventing junk mail?

3. Do you have any idea why I should be getting so much junk mail? I get around 50 pieces per week.

Help much appreciated.

Thanks

EX Moderator-May He Rest in Peace rangeral's Avatar
    Think spam is getting worse again, have you tried the mail filters within your mail program? Most browsers or mail apps have them. Check here

http://www.abuse.net/ http://spam.abuse.net/

Ultimate Member
    Also do what i do, create a junk email account, and use it exclusively for the times when you have to provde a legit address on any particular site. Create another separate user name and email account that you NEVER post or use onliune, only give it to the peoople you want to contact you, and tell them NOT to refer you, or cc your good address when they duplicate mail.

Also use the filters, its kind of a hassle, and blocking them helps, but it will cut down on abuse fore the account you keep private. Can also filter/block sspecific addresses on the "junk": account.