Thread: Nvidia Chipset About to Hit Market

Nvidia Chipset About to Hit Market

I was thinking... will any of these motherboards with the nForce chipset be made for ultra-slim cases? That would definitely do away with the typical **** integrated Intel video that they usually come with, and make slim PC's a much more viable option for gamers.

Read all about the Nvidia chipset.
    http://www.aceshardware.com/read.jsp?id=45000232

As a gamer, I tend to be running a hot system, in my last case, my CPU ran IDLE at around 67 degrees centigrate. What makes a good case is good cooling, I really doubt that a slim case would be a viable soulution, becuase a) people love to customize their case and b) with the speed of todays parts, you NEED cooling, the hdd + the CPU = HEAT and lots of it.
    I got an Antec SX1030 ("File server case") + 4 chassis fans (80mm) plus the CPU fan and the power supply fan, and I'm still running around 40 degrees centigrate. (CPU not ambient) I doubt you could fit any nice big 80mm fans in a slimline, but I guess with legs and with the intake on the bottom exhaust on the top two of them.. hmm, that MIGHT work, but yea, it would be a lot of work to do... Thanks, but no thanks, I'll keep my server case! ;-)
    MSI MS-6380 K7T266Pro2 - 189
    AMD Athlon XP1700+ - 259
    512MB PC-266 DDR - 118
    Asus V6600 - 499
    Adaptec 2940 - 100
    SB Live! 5.1 Plat - 209
    Plextor 12x SCSI CDRW - 399
    Samsung 955DF 19" - 445
    Maxtor Diamond 60G - 235
    Panasonic 12x DVD - 100
    Cambridge Sound DTT3500 - 365
    Antec SX1030 - 169
    Look on your face as you see the FPS... Priceless!

Agree. I had to keep my full tower case open on one side, and have to leave the balcony door open when everyone is asleep just to keep it cool.
    I **** & **** Everyday, do you?