Thread: Photoshop ICC profile...help!

Photoshop ICC profile...help!

When saving a .psd file, would it be best to include your monitor's ICC profile? Will the ICC profile ensure consistent color balance & gamma across different platforms & monitors? It's so frustrating knowing that what you do in Photoshop on your box will not look quite the same (at best) on other monitors. I've adjusted my Adobe gamma correctly, according to the gamma wizard setup.

Color matching is a frustrating art. Monitors, printers, inks, etc. vary in how they'll display. Little consistency between one printer and another, or one monitor and another. If you can get your monitor and printer decently calibrated you're doing well.

Solution here

I'm using a Deskjet 932C for prints, and by default, it's a tad darker than what's on the screen. So I use the advanced printing properties to lighten the image, and the overall result is pretty close. I'm a student that's doing a bit of internship work and color matching is my biggest concern. There's a tremendous contrast between PC and Mac gamma. Fortunately, the company is PC exclusive, and the ICC profile embedded into the .psd and .jpg files are producing a much desired result.