Thread: Is This Possible?

Is This Possible?

I would like to know if it is possible to create your own wallpaper, or can you use a screensaver as your wallpaper. Is there a site that has a "How to" concerning this. What I would like to do is create an animated wallpaper using 3D animated words that I make. If anyone knows of a site, your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks LadyJ

EX Moderator-May He Rest in Peace rangeral's Avatar
    Mostly what your concerned about is size to fit desktop resolutions such as 800x600 which you can take any pic and resize in something like paintshop pro which you could find on ebay cheaply unless you already have something since you don't say.

http://www.webbuilder101.com/graphic...ewallpaper.asp

http://www.celebritydesktop.com/help...r_making.shtml

Thanks rangeral for your info. However, after looking at the sites that you listed, which gave good info. I don't want to use a picture. I want to create a wallpaper using 3d animated words and the sites don't go into detail. They give info for the person that has a lot of experience, not a novice, which I am. I need a little more detail. I have adobe photoshop 5.0. It isn't the resolution that I'm concerned about, it's the animation that I want. Thanks again. I hope that I explained myself clearly this time. :o

you can have 3d logo's as your wallpaper, just save the logo as a bitmap in photoshop (or a jpeg if you have win98) into the windows folder.

then select it using the display properties in control panel or by right clicking on the desktop.

unfortunately though you cannot have animated logo's as desktop wallpaper, they would have to be static.

Thanks vibe666 for your info. I have a question though. Why is it possible to have an animated screensaver and not wallpaper also. Thanks again LadyJ

You have to have active desktop enabled to have an animated background.

You can use any animated thing on your wallpaper. First you should have Win98 and Active Desktop is enabled. Use Animated GIF. The animation will work fine but it will slow down your PC a bit. You can create animate GIF using FLSH, GIF animator or similar animating software.

All you need to do is create a webpage locally on your harddrive and have your 3d images on this page, then select to use this page as your active desktop in the display properties. Simple as that.

Thanks to everyone, for your expertise. Now, find out how to make a web page. LadyJ

Screen savers

Where are these stored?