Thread: In 2 years almost no flames in 1 week a flame war ?

Ultimate Member

In 2 years almost no flames in 1 week a flame war ?

Most here have read my posts and comments and in the 2 years + - that I have been on this site I have made a few good friends, had a lot of fun, and learned more than I could have from just about anyplace else in this world.
    And All of that was becouse of the Quility of the people here. This Has really been 1 of the most Professionaly run sites of all the sites I go to with very little flamming, fighting, temper tantrums or just bad attitudes but in the last week something really discusting as shown it's head here.

IS THIS REALLY WHAT WE ARE ALL ABOUT ?

IS THIS WHO WE REALLY ARE ?

Fighting and flamining each other and the new owners/ mods

where I end up is up to me what sites I visit are up to me also.

if you want to go else where you are free to do so at anytime.
    And if enough people leave this site the new owners will get the point that they SCREWED up. is'nt that enough ?

Scott started this site but he is not what really made it great it was US and how we behaved towards each other.

I would hope that those that are leaving for what ever reasion would do so in the most Professional of ways.

It is really disapointing to see that that has not happened
    I keep forgeting what I thought I knew

Hi

I have been reading this forum for only a few days trying to decide if I should join. Actually I discovered it a week or two back but hadn't been reading any posts.

Is it true that Internet.com now owns this board? They took down the off topic forums at HardwareCentral and Sharkey Extreme. Apparently they have some kind of policy that they don't allow off topic conversations in their forums. They even lock simple threads that have a little chit chat.

I wouldn't mind posting here, but after 3600 posts at HWC and seeing those huge ads down the right hand side of the screen, I would really not like to visit a site run like HWC. All of us old timers left that site.

I am looking for a good board with lots of posting and freedom of speech. I am not talking about using a lot of cuss words or anything like that, just freedom to express opinions with nice people. What is this board like? I'd like to know before I start posting a lot. If I get 3600 posts like I did at HWC is Internet.com going to take away freedom of speech here too like they did at HWC?

KMA
    They have owned this board since Jan.

Oh, what you are looking for does sound like www.romulus2.com and www.techimo.com

KMA

need I say more

THis was a screen shot I took of this forum before they converted the forums to vBulletin. If this beast comes back I will never post here again.

If you want to know what the site will look like go on over to HardwareCentral.com

They have huge ads and those ads are there to stay. I left HWC because of those ads and a policy to not allow off topic posts at all. I expect this community forum will be closed shortly. They did it twice before at other boards and will probably do it to every site they own. Those ads will probably be permanent here too.

KMA
    Yeah, I expect the same. I think we are very lucky to have had Scott and the other staff that was here. All of us went to techimo.

I forgot a site www.mrcs.net

Rom2 and mrcs do not have lots of posting though.

Thanks. I joined TechIMO a few minutes ago. I'll take a look at the other two sites you mentioned as well.

I just read some of the posts at HWC. I couldn't stay there one minute longer. It was bringing back bad childhood memories of a strict babysitter I had.

http://discussions.hardwarecentral.c...ML/000576.html
    If you are wondering where everyone is, go here.

Yeah I was one of those people that posted in that thread at HWC. Read this thread that I started over there:

http://discussions.hardwarecentral.c...ML/000523.html

This haven of civility is unfortunately tarnished.

-RADAR

KMA
    Since you seem like a stand up guy I joined your favorite site.

Any other recommendations?

http://forums.overclockers-network.c...ultimatebb.cgi

They allow cussing, but they know their computer stuff.

KMA
    Joined there too.

thanks

Glad to be of service.