Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Where did my Farewell Post go?

Wow I can't believe how much this place sucks now. sysopt.com helped me build my first computer nearly two years ago, and now it's nothing more than another internet wasteland.

Off to t e c h i m o I go....

WOW! Realization just smacked me in the face like a frying pan. What am I still doing here?!?!?!? Without Scott and the crew, Sysopt won't be able to survive long...
    This is my last post. Packing up and going to TECHIMO!!!

And now, after 3 1/2 months TechIMO is going strong, with nearly 4,000 members... If you're wondering, that's where I do most of my posting. I've got over 500 there...

Under a different username of course...

Since I cant login to my XT account, I created a new one just to come on here one last time, and yes it was worth it. I came here in Novermber of 1999 and dicovered a great place where i could find help with computer isues and at the same time help others whenever i could. Whether you had 100 posts or 1 thousand, it didnt matter, you were accepted and part of a family. That family is no longer here. I have already moved over to the other site, but decided to stay here and help out people who oviously were not getting the help they need. What started out as a friendly answer to your question turned into blowhards who like to proclaim their superiority over people with little or no expeience. I have not and will never do that, sysopt of the past would not stand for that and i will not tolerate a site that has such low regard for its members.Trolls, blowhards and troublemakers were never accepted, and what you did to the original mods was horrible. Admins are here to help, not play god. I know my place and it certainly isnt here. Please cancel this account and the account XT. I will never post here again.

Good Day

Please don't be so hard with us

THE KING IS DEAD, LONG LIVE THE KING.

That's life.
    Life is a bowl of cherries

Wow... this is an old post............

Looks like techimo has become as dull as sysopt .

Geez. Got to start looking at the dates on these things. Can't believe I just read six pages of nearly year old ghosts.
    I plan on living forever. So far, so good.

KMA
    Why bring this up to the top again?

Just let it die!

Hey, I thought Gus did not work for inet anymore but he's still an admin here?
    Last edited by jad1097; 09-29-2002 at 10:40 AM.

Why bring this up to the top again?
    That's what I was wondering, especially being a new guy on the block. Curiousity as to why got the better of me. The answers, and basis of my opinion, is based on reading a thread at the other site.

Stuff happens. Such is life. Past time to move on. (Reminds me of my half-sisters, now in their 80's, that still argue about stuff that happened when they were 8 years old!)

There really isn’t any good reason to dredge up old problems in a public thread. IMHO the only reason I can see here, is that somebody is bored, is enjoying the attention, and is trying to liven things up a bit. Ordinarily I wouldn’t post a comment such as this in the public forum, but that’s where it was reopened. That’s all I have to say on the matter and if anybody thinks it’s inappropriate or flaming, feel free to remove it.
    I plan on living forever. So far, so good.