Thread: Am I really being an ******* here?

Am I really being an ******* here?

What do you guys think about this little dialog? Is it me being an *** or someone else throwing a temper tantrum? It's in regards to the Rush is deaf thread.

Scorpio69 wrote on 10-10-2001 08:58 PM:
    I'm not picking up the glove here. First, you insulted me by saying I had my head you-know-where. Followed by some other vaguely insulting comments. That's personal, and I don't care for it.

I have never claimed to be an expert on anything. I am entitled to my opinions and have nothing personally to gain from them. I am not earning a living from my opinions. I am not trying to sell anything. I have no corporate sponsorship.

What I do have is a genuine concern for the fate of our species. It seems in general to be Hell-bent on destroying itself and possibly everything else. What is needed is tolerance and understanding, not harsh criticism for differing points of view. Maybe my words can be construed as such, but that was not my intention
    OuTpaTienT wrote on 10-10-2001 11:05 PM:
    Like I said, when you speak of things which you do not know you simply demostrate your intelligence, or lack there of.
    Scorpio69 wrote on 10-11-2001 05:20 AM:
    Since you want to be an ******* and make this personal, don't ever mail me again.
    OuTpaTienT wrote on 10-11-2001 06:51 AM:
    Whatever dude. I just call'em like I see'em, nothing personal. Take it however you wish. Stomp you feet like a little child. It's no skin off my nose.

Now of course I realize I am being an ******* by publishing what was private messages, but ya know what? Since he's convinced I am an ******* I figure I'd do him the favor of proving him right.

All I know is that you have this God given gift of being very blunt sometimes OuT, I have experienced it first hand

But, I don't think it was right to post this for everyone to see. It should be kept private.

KMA

yes

If for nothing else posting the PM's!

I agree with his first post in the rush thread.

Yes I have listened to his show many times but I do not like the guy. I spent a year working with a guy that liked the show so I had to hear it every day in the truck between jobs. THat was all I needed to hear of Rush in my lifetime.

THe Hitler-Rush example is a bit extreme but he is entittled to him opinion.

Oh and I also agree with the First PM.
    Last edited by jad1097; 10-11-2001 at 10:50 AM.

sometimes out,, when engaging in a pissing contest one pisses on themself.

Don't worry about it OuT. He (Scorpio69) has stated in nearly every thread that he is a moderate. For a self-described moderate he sure is opinionated. He has sent me private messages and I have them turned off as I figure this is a public forum we should keep it public.
    "Either you are with us or against us" no room for moderation.
    The FACT that he chose that thread to 'voice' his well known opinion about the voice of the RIGHT only proves my statement that he is no moderate. Liberal through and through. Any person that says they have listened to Rush and then calls themself a moderate has lied. There are no moderates. These people vote on one issue and often it is something the liberal press has made important only weeks before the election.
    I listen to Rush and feel that he does go overboard from time to time, though his heart is in the right place. The truth hurts those that would believe the lie and be more comfortable all the while belittling the purveyers of truth.
    Give one example of Rush not telling the absolute truth. Just one. I don't believe you can.

Whatever, life goes on.

Sometimes I can be blunt in a debate and it sounds like I'm being defensive/rude/whatever. It happens. Oh well.

Warthog

KMA
    Good point point wart.

Interesting statment. I guess I am against you.
    ""Either you are with us or against us" no room for moderation. "

I think being moderate is a good thing.

Come on Jad can't you find just one falsehood Rush has EVER uttered?

KMA
    Did I imply he was a liar? I am sure if I listened to his show every day of my life I could find at least one “falsehood”.

OuTpaTienT,

You've got to be kidding. Compared to some of the flamewars I've seen, and maybe helped create, that thread is a Mary Poppins movie.

Russ, NCNE

Ultimate Member
    Hehe Russ you have to remember this isn't anandtech.

I like both places for different reasons.