Thread: Windows2000

Windows2000

I just put together a peer to peer network, One system is windows2000 Pro and the other has Windows98 Se.
    The computer with Windows2000 has no probleme entering windows98Se c: drive but when I try to access the windows2000 c: drive from the computer with Windows98 it ask's for a password.
    I cant find where in windows2000 to change this password. It is not in the same position as windows 98.
    Can anyone help me out?

Suzuki1

Are you refering to the win2k login password? If so its located in "Users and Passwords" in the Control Panel. If not, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Start, Settings, Control Panel, Adminstrative Tools, Computer Managment, Local Users and Groups.

Enable the Guest Account.

Inanis :o)

Or for a more secure connection, Try making a new account,

start -> settings -> control panel -> users and passwords -> advanced -> advanced button -> users -> action -> new user ->
    enter user name (Win98 user name) and password(any), uncheck user must change password, check password never expires then hit create

now right click on the user name you just made, go to properties, member of , add, power user, hit ok

, then when adding a new share to the device you want to share, add thier name.

It's not as hard as it sounds, then when you connect from the other machine it will ask you for a password, type it in and check remember password if it comes up. it will never ask you for a password again, and you can access all shared devices that you have access to, this is good for sharing with one of 2 other people on a network.

Thanks for you help!

I had found the problem, It was what wizzard said. When I installed the network for some reason it didnt ask for a users name and password.

Thanks Again!!!!!

Suzuki1