Thread: Norton System Works 2001 / Ghost

Norton System Works 2001 / Ghost

I want to create a boot disk to copy two drives with Ghost. For some reason the boot disk keeps failing. Are there special options I should select or request. The system computer is ECS K7s5A with a built in lan slot and I am hooked to a QMS PS410 Printer. The reason I included these features is that the boot disk config asks if I want to select any of these 2 items.. I am running Win2K. has anyone had any experiece with Ghost under Norton 2001??

first off is your win2k box NTFS???? i think you have to change the security account of each pc using a program called "newsid" if you want to ghost NTFS drives. i think this only matters if they are on the same lan though.

if fat32 maybe you are choosing the wrong nic drivers when you make the boot disks. dont worry about printers and stuff that are on the one drive already.

SD

ps. are you using ghost boot wizard and are these drives both on the same machine or are you doing tcp/ip connections between the two......
    you cant wear your emotions on your sleeve if you dont want them ripped off

Norton System Works / Ghost

The Nic is built into mobo, and I am using fat32. I will check and see if there are options as to the nic format. Both drives are on the sam system.

I spoke to Symantec and was charged $29.50, they could not solve the problem, but was charged anyway. The selection of both printer and nic are not needed to create a peer to peer bot disk. It seems that the mobo ECS does not provide enough memory in dos to run this application. Is there any way to alter the memory allocation for the boot disk to run. The problem is not solved. Maybe there is a program that can do it, changing dos memory allocation.

I have and use Norton Systemworks 2001 and use it's included Ghost. I've had absolutely no problems with it.

To use it, I went to Start>Programs>Norton Ghost 2001>Norton Ghost Boot Wizard. I didn't select the options for LPT1 or USB support. I did make sure I used a freshly formatted floppy that showed no bad sectors.

This version of Ghost supports Linux EXT2, FAT32, NTFS, Windows 95/98, 2000.

It created the disk, I tested it, and it works. I took a look at the autoexec.bat on the floppy and all it loads is a mouse driver then the Ghost executable.

Exactly what kind of message are you getting that says you don't have enough free memory?

I am getting a causeway 11 Error, which means that I do not have enough basic memory set aside to run program in dos. Is there a way of adjusting the memory size in Win2k??