Thread: drive copy

drive copy

i need some software that can copy eveything on one hdd to another. I dont need imaging software like ghost or drive image. I have used this software before but cant remember what it is. its to much trouble to do it in windows and xcopy32 takes to long. any suggestions?

you can copy from drive to drive in windows(explorer) although ive never done it and im sure it will take a few years to do. why so against using ghost? its easy and much quicker. im sure someone will post other options. i just found that to be the quickest and easiest. just my 2 cents

SD
    you cant wear your emotions on your sleeve if you dont want them ripped off

Most of the hard drive companies have utilities to do this, WD, Maxtor, IBM etc. Try the manufacturer's site, many times they are downloadable. The programs will usually autosize the partitions as well.

The IBM utility is excellent and its free on their site. This is windows based. Others like maxtor and seagate are dos but whats the difference. I prefer xcopy32 though. Remember to delete the swap/page file before you copy anything.