Thread: Bush trying to plug leaks to media

Bush trying to plug leaks to media

This unbelievable http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/10/08/ret...ecy/index.html
    the person who leaked should be shot or at least shipped over with the next aid shipment (oh wait better yet sent on the next bombing raid on a bomb) Oh and sorry about this next line (wait no i'm not) IMHO the journalist should also be sent... Wait until its over then print it....

pffft. What is he angry about? We basically announce ever fricken thing on tv. Come on. Media has made secrecy in America a joke to a certain extent. He needs to just watch who really talks to. He’s being careless.

I don't understand why we have to announce our plans of our troops moving every single day. Just the public has the right to know. I rather have our movements not covered!

JaYsin

Ultimate Member
    Agreed, we need to set an example of SEVERAL leakers.

I suggest in addition to a minimum of 1 year in PRISON, a fine of 25% of thier NET worth, sell their house, cars, stock, boats all the toys they've accumulated over the years.

Pretty soon the old motto would arise again;

" Loose Lips Sink Ships "

Let me tell you after being in operational wings and receiving intelligence briefs, there is information the media does not get. Our classification levels are in place for a reason.

-RADAR

KMA
    It is sad our Congressman do not know how to keep their mouths shut.

Let me tell you after being in operational wings and receiving intelligence briefs, there is information the media does not get. Our classification levels are in place for a reason.

very true but there some many morons out there who don't give a **** about it

JaYsin

socalgal
    I'm appalled, yet not surprised.

I think those who leak confidential and classified material for financial gain should be held on something not far below the level of treason. They are selling our secrets.

Material is classified as such for a reason. Leaks can potentially compromise our security and the lives of those who are trying to keep us secure. There should be no excuse for a leaker.

SOCALGAL,

You are correct. A congressman is responsible for the information briefed to him. If he repeats it, he should be removed.

-RADAR

I think any person elected to congress/senate positions should have a mandatory top secret clearence check...if they do not pass, then they get rejected from office.

That would fix a lot of problems...and get rid of a lot of criminals in office at the same time...because right now, any joker with enough money and mouth can get elected ( esp in california...look at lee )
    WINDOWS 2000....Need I say more!

I think those who leak confidential and classified material for financial gain should be held on something not far below the level of treason
    Lol Socal...that IS treason Anyways I personally think that these people SHOULD be convicted of treason, imprisoned and loose their citizenship rights. Time to start setting examples.

ILC

socalgal
    Well, while I feel that the act of whomever that leaked, or leaks, confidential information to the media should be held legally accountable, what he / she / they did probably is not constitutionally (legally) considered the crime of treason.

THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION
    Article. III. Section. 3.
    Clause 1: Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
    They didn't sell confidential secrets or material to the enemy... though I suppose whether the media could be considered an enemy could be debated..