Thread: Why is my Celeron 800 multiplier locked?

Why is my Celeron 800 multiplier locked?

Its in a abit bh6 v1.0x with a slotket that works now but it has no jumpers on it... (had a overclock thing on the corner so i turned that on) andthe most the bios would let me do is increase the fsb...

anyway of of unlocking the multiplier and should i be increasing the voltage when increasing the clock speed....

thanks

There no easy common easy way of unlocking a intel cpu since the PII. Rumoredly some russians devised a way long ago but it's generally accepted u can't unlock a multiplier on an intel cpu. Only reason to increase the voltage is if a chip isn't stable at the speed u put it to, adding extra voltage can ofter make a chip run stable.

I think a lot of the Slot1 P3's are unlocked... but Celerons have been multiplier locked for a LONG while... mostly due to their incredibly overclockability... a victim of their own success... that 800Mhz could probably get up to 8 x 133Mhz, if your motherboard supports 33Mhz PCI at that speed, but I doubt it would... I know my BX doesn't - means I'm stuck at 112Mhz FSB overclocks, otherwise some of the PCI cards get unstable...

Higher Voltage = higher stability at higher clock speeds....

Higher clock speeds = more heat.

Higher Voltage = more heat.

Do you wan tto do the maths? You can bump the voltage up a bit to improve stability at higher clock speeds, but make sure you keep that baby cool!

All PIIIs are multiplier locked. There has not been an unlocked Intel CPU produced since Aug 98.

-RADAR