The USA/Indianapolis Grandprix
The results of Friday practice for anyone that's interested:
1. 3. Hakkinen - McLaren 1:13.387
2. 1. Schumacher M - Ferrari 1:13.552
3. 2. Barrichello - Ferrari 1:13.584
4. 4. Coulthard - McLaren 1:13.656
5. 18. Irvine - Jaguar 1:13.806
6. 16. Heidfeld - Sauber 1:13.827
7. 11. Frentzen - Prost 1:13.858
8. 19. de la Rosa - Jaguar 1:13.917
9. 5. Schumacher R - Williams 1:13.919
10. 6. Montoya - Williams 1:13.983
11. 17. Raikkonen - Sauber 1:14.027
12. 22. Alesi - Jordan 1:14.057
13. 8. Button - Benetton 1:14.186
14. 12. Trulli - Jordan 1:14.215
15. 9. Panis - BAR 1:14.368
16. 23. Enge - Prost 1:14.767
17. 7. Fisichella - Benetton 1:14.911
18. 10. Villeneuve - BAR 1:14.999
19. 21. Alonso - Minardi 1:15.131
20. 15. Bernoldi - Arrows 1:15.449
21. 14. Verstappen - Arrows 1:15.547
22. 20. Yoong - Minardi 1:16.318
Qualifying is at 13.00 EST, 19.00 BST and 20.00 CET.
We will have to see how Montoya does seeing hes won on most of that track before
If McLaren can keep it together , they might stand a chance. Otherwise my money is on Michael
Believe in yourself, and stand up for what you believe!!
what time dose the race start on Sun? it will be cool not haveing to wake up at 7 a.m to see the race for once.
It starts 7pm UK time (BST or GMT+1) so I'm not sure what time it'll be there. About lunchtime I spose
Actually, it'll start 25 hours from now
I think the F1 races usually start at 14:00 local.
Nothing moves faster than goalposts
Gotta love that incar camera action---wound out at the end of the straight is awesome aint it?
Yeah I love the incar stuff
That was an excellent qualifying session and of course, here are the results:
1. 1. Schumacher M - Ferrari 1:11.708
2. 3. Hakkinen - McLaren 1:11.945
3. 5. Schumacher R - Williams 1:11.986
4. 6. Montoya - Williams 1:12.252
5. 2. Barrichello - Ferrari 1:12.327
6. 16. Heidfeld - Sauber 1:12.434
7. 4. Coulthard - McLaren 1:12.500
8. 12. Trulli - Jordan 1:12.605
9. 22. Alesi - Jordan 1:12.607
10. 8. Button - Benetton 1:12.805
11. 17. Raikkonen - Sauber 1:12.881
12. 7. Fisichella - Benetton 1:12.942
13. 9. Panis - BAR 1:13.122
14. 18. Irvine - Jaguar 1:13.189
15. 11. Frentzen - Prost 1:13.281
16. 19. de la Rosa - Jaguar 1:13.679
17. 21. Alonso - Minardi 1:13.991
18. 10. Villeneuve - BAR 1:14.012
19. 15. Bernoldi - Arrows 1:14.129
20. 14. Verstappen - Arrows 1:14.138
21. 23. Enge - Prost 1:14.185
22. 20. Yoong - Minardi 1:15.247
Should be a great race and that's gonna be one exciting race start.
WOW, look at Alonso at P17!
I hope Minardi gets a good run (always with the underdog). Same for Alesi!!!
Yeah I bet Alonso's and it would be nice to see Minardi do some overtaking.
I think Alesi's doing just fine Only his third race for Jordan (if my memory serves me) and pressuring Trulli.
I bet Button's relieved n'all, he's been under some serious pressure recently from Benetton. And what happened to Raikkonen?
18. 10. Villeneuve - BAR 1:14.012
Darn I really wish Villeneuve could do something in F-1. IMO he was one of the best in Indy Car. I think he even won the Indy 500 in his rookie year didn't he? well anyway all those races he won in Cart to have pretty much nothing but barely in the points finishes in F-1. It has to be hard for him to keep motivated specially when he used to win so much.
Sounds familiar but I don't really know It is a shame though plus apparently he's heavily invested in the BAR team in time as well as money. He really seems to have a great love of F1 (and prolly Champ Cars too). I was really impressed in the previous GP when most of the drivers wanted a safety car start or similar and Villeneuve strongly disagreed, saying that it was their job, the start wouldn't be particularly dangerous and the crowd (some of them who'd saved up for months) deserved a proper start.
I think he even won the Indy 500 in his rookie year didn't he?
Hopefully BAR will've got the car sorted for next season.
The race is on at 1:30 Eastern time on my sports station
It was worse when I lived on the west coast, the races were on at 4:30 - 5:30 am yawn
it will be cool not haveing to wake up at 7 a.m
New Security Features Planned for Firefox 4
Another Laptop Theft Exposes 21K Patients' Data
Oracle Hits to Road to Pitch Data Center Plans
Microsoft Preps Array of Windows Patches
Microsoft Nears IE9 Beta With Final Preview
Simplified Analytics Improve CRM, BI Tools
Android Passes RIM as Top Mobile OS in 2Q
VMware Updates Hyperic System Management
File Monitoring Key to Enterprise Security
LinkedIn Snaps Up SaaS Player mSpoke