Thread: PIII 550e overclock won't accept 133 fsb

PIII 550e overclock won't accept 133 fsb

Sorry, suffering from a cold at the mo, so even seeing the monitor is difficult..

Okaay, I've got a PIII 550e / 100 fsb in a QDI advance 5/133e mobo.
    I managesd to get the fsb to 115 to get the cpu to 633. the manual says that the only possible speeds are 66/100/133/150 fsb. *sigh* It won't let me jack it up higher than 115 in softfsb in the bios, and if I try using the jumpers on the mobo, it won't post.. any suggestions?

(btw, cooling isn't the prob, some case mods took care of that )

now off to find some coffee...

Thanks
    Silver

Try to raise the voltage a little, in smallest possible increments, if you can.

Best Regards ...

I did look at that. It's set to 1.96v at the moment. I'm a bit worried about putting it up higer than that. The mobo dosn't seem to have any way of manualy controling the cpu voltage though, it want's to do it automaticaly and there are no jumpers on the board itself.
    Also, if I select 100 fsb using the jumpers to bypass the softfsb, it won't post.. even though it's a 100mhz fsb chip as standard..

Just a thought !!!

you say its a 100mhz processor ? what about memory ? shouldn't you have 133mhz memory to allow for the increased processor FSB ???

You might want to check on the dates before replying to posts chief, this thred is about 4 years old. The mobo and P3 now sits on a shelf under one of my computer tables on top of another mobo and processor, the systems have been rebuilt a few times since then.

I only ever got the P3 to 633 in the end. It was using Crucial PC133 at the time, but yes, the RAM speed directly relates to the processor's FSB.

Croft, why are you replying to threads several years old? So far, that is all you have done. STOPopening old threads.

Kind of like a twilight zone episode. Yesterday returns from out of nowhere. (insert twilight zone music here, imagine Rod Serling's monolog).