Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Avatar suggestion.

Is it possible that the avatar size limit be upped to like 100x100 or something?

I wish. I had a heck of a time making my avatar fit the requirements.

Sorry, 75x75 is the largest on any of our forums. They elongate the threads too much otherwise.

I thought it was 64x64 here.

Right, it is, here. 75x75 is on one forum, but only users with 5k posts get a custom avatar at all there, so it keeps the thread length down because there's fewer members who have them.

The thread length didn't used to be affected at all here as the avatar, 1st ad last poster info were all in a little column at the side rather than stupidly placed at the top of each post.

No, that still can affect height. We have some forums with the info on the side, and increasing avatar does increase post height.

Quote Originally Posted by RockNRoll
    Is it possible that the avatar size limit be upped to like 100x100 or something?
    What! so we can better see your "Red Sox" promo?

Go Indians!

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    No, that still can affect height. We have some forums with the info on the side, and increasing avatar does increase post height.
    Of course, but it probably wouldn't affect it so much as there is allready a certain ammount of space reserved for the poster info.
    I still think 100x100 would be nice. You can fit so much more detail into the image without it being as intrusive and pathetic as most signitures are. Honestly, they make the majority of sites that use them unreadable.

we don't need to see anymore details of your six-pack, thank you! It already makes those guys with beer kegs feel inept...

.. apparently.

Stiff whatsits to you, its staying.

JPnyc
    Megalodon Administrator

THat's the poster info from one of my posts on another board with the info at left. THat's the actual spacing as well. As you can see, any avatar would increase the height. It depends on the length of the post as well, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Strawbs
    we don't need to see anymore details of your six-pack, thank you! It already makes those guys with beer kegs feel inept...
    That's not Zibby. Doing a post to weight analysis, I'd say he's much hairier than that, and at least 3 stone heavier. Think strategically shaved baboon.

lol j/k

I've been on alot of forums that have 100x100 sizes and it's really not all that bad. If the ads go back up at the top of the forum there'll be even more space and you'll hardly notice the bigger avatar. Just a suggestion.

Apologies, but no can do.