Thread: Cost of movie theater tickets in your area

Cost of movie theater tickets in your area

I don't know about everyone else, but the cost for going to a movie seems to have become outrageous! Right now it's at $7.75 for a night adult showing and $5.50 for a matinee adult showing!!

$7.50 I think it is here.

Yeah, when I went to see Shrek awhile ago, I wanted some food too. I go up to the chic and I'm like "what's the biggest thing you got?". She says the "super slma"blahblahblah whatever it's called. I'm like "cool". Comes with mongo popcorn and drink.

Total comes to about $7.43!!!!!!! $15 it ends up being to see that movie.......

Warthog

$7.25
    Small drink about the size of 12oz.can,$3.25.

adults 6.50, child 4.50

The maximum i've ever paid for a movie ticket is about Rs60 thats about $1.27 . No distinction between child or adult .

Depend where I go. Converted to US dollars I'd say if I go see movies at the Gala(smaller theatre) it's roughly $2.50 and for the Hoyts Cinema it's about $5 for a student and $6 for just an adult. Hey Wart I saw Shrek as well. Though it was hilarious Some of eddie murphies best work in a while.

6.50,normal mattenee is 4.75

I know it is between $4 and $5 dollars with a student ID in my area.

The ticket is just the drop in the bucket - try to get a medium soda and any kind of candy and you won't get away from the counter for less than $12.00 - so for one person to go to the show at anytime but the matinee - you're looking at $20.00 easy....

Baggy pockets and a trip to the grocery store candy isle - that's the ticket.....

And yes - I know - movie theaters make their money and keep their doors open by selling consessions - not tickets - but I have little pitty for a place that tries to sell me $1.00 of candy for $4.00.....

plus, with a good DVD player, a screen, and a projector - I have a much better time at home with friends -

I don't miss the idiot kid one row up that keeps kicking the seat....

I wouldn't know. The last movie I saw was Jurassic Park. The one before that was Kindergarten Cop with Arnold. See a trend here? I'm in no rush to see a movie. I'll see it eventually, or I'll forget I wanted to see it.

$9-10 per seat. The price is inversely proportional to the size of the screen. You can start another thread on how many theaters they can carve out of one. The have 15plexes in New Jersey and I think the biggest in New York City is maybe a 8 or 9 plex.

Hey, when you have kids you don't go out to the movies...

Philippines, converted to US$1.60 to 2.40. That's THX, Dolby Digital EX, and DTS. Well the low-end is because I paid a one time membership fee. Normally it would be $2.00.
    Though, screening dates are extremely variable. Final Fantasy and Driven were shown on the same date just this wednesday. Pearl Harbor was released on the same day as the US. Some movies we'd have to wait for weeks to a couple of months.

I recently saw Shrek and A.I. for $7 each. Those were the first movies I've seen in a theater since Christmas. I used to go once a week. Now I've built a home theater in my bedroom (63 inch RPTV, decent DD/DTS receiver, very good speakers and DVD player). I can buy the DVD for less than the tickets and snacks and watch it any time I want without distractions from others. AND, frankly, I've got better sound than the best theaters in the area. Screw 'em.

[This message has been edited by crazyray (edited 07-13-2001).]

lol last film i saw was a year ago, and in switzerland

Yeah, Shrek was quite funny

My dream would be to have a projector ($3k-5k). I'd literally have my own movie theater in my room! Last night I watched Proof of Life on DVD in my room. Nothing like sitting back eating a pizza with the volume up on the surround sound and the subwoofer providing the literal punch of each individual bullet shot.

Warthog