Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Be cautious with Darren Grunow!!!!

Be cautious with Darren Grunow!!!!

If you are doing a deal with a guy named Darren Grunrow be verry carefull. He told me he was going to trade me 2 30 gig maxtor ata-100 7200 RPM drives for my dual xeon pentium 2 motherboard and 2 400Mhz CPU's. He wanted to cross ship so I sent it out the day he was supposed to to. The next day I got an e-mail saying he did not send them out because his parents died in a car accedent. Ok no problem. I had the shipment held until I saw a packadge coming my way. I was a little leary of him so I waited until I recived the drives before relasing the shpment to him. When the drives arrived they were packed in a cracker box with tons of tape on it. I pulled the drives out and insted of maxtor 30 gig drives one was a 85 MEG and one was 170 MEg. small **** drives and both on top of that are defective and will not even spin up. I e-mailed him and he said it was a mistake. He said my drives went to someone else and they were supposed to go to his brother or something. I find it hard to belive but if you deal with him make shure that you get the stuff from him before you send anything out. Just feel I should let ya know as I dont want to see anyone get screwed. Luckly I am only out the $25 shipping and not the board and CPU's but come on that sucks.

this has been going on for about a month and a half.

[This message has been edited by Pulsar (edited 03-25-2001).]

I dont have a screen name as he only contaqcted my via e-mail. His e-mail addy:
    drn@home.com

Be carefull and safe.

Ultimate Member
    it appears that you are not alone here and I sent an email to the other party with this link for him...I also sent mail to MntSnow and Socalgal was also sent notice...

its a real shame that this has to happen here or anywhere but to all invloved in trading anywhere ,there are posts that cover everything you need to do to cover your ****, and when people will start to READ and FOLLOW those guidlines then we will see less and less of this...Phone numbers are fantastic and if someone will not give you a phone number then do not deal...come on people...do your homework with traders and just like a company get ALL the information about them and it makes resolving these issues easier and faster because these are legal matters if you have been truly ripped off....

Ultimate Member
    his name here is DRN and he is a senior member with almost 750 posts and from reading some of them he has been bumping posts from other traders that had problems with trades and given advice as well so lets hope that he will do the right thing here for both of you and avoid any further trouble...

Yep, I was ripped off by this boy. I lost two pci cards, cdrom reader and a pci modem.
    I just prevented ieyedjak from trading his motherboard away to this juvenile deliquent!
    So watch out for this troll! I don't to see anybody else get burned!

I also contacted ieyedjak about him also. I wanted to post this here so no one else has a chance of getting ripped off.

Here is the e-mail I just sent him. Lets see if I can get a reply.

Darren

Can you send me the cliping from the newspaper about your parents passing away? Im sorry but I just feel I you are trying to jerk me. I have started a thread on the sysopt forum concerning you and have had other people that have replied telling how you have done the same to them but they sent the parts and you never sent anything or responded back to them. Let me know if you are just scaming me or not. Thanks.

socalgal
    Thanks for letting us know, Pulsar. This has been going on since 1-1-2000?

Codybear, haven't receive your email yet.

http://www.sysopt.com/forum/Forum13/HTML/002668.html

[This message has been edited by socalgal (edited 03-25-2001).]

Sorry. My clock must not have been set right when I sent the e-mail. It has been about a month and a half since this all started.

socalgal
    You might want to leave a message for Darren. His ICQ# is 24360140.

Darren, it's suggested you do the right thing before it's too late. Contact the ppl you owe and make it right.

I have sent him E-mail as well as an ICQ message.

Hey Darren. PLease respond to my E-mail or this ICQ message. I have posted at sysopt about what has gone on and we need to get this resolved one way or another. If you are going to send the drives let me know. IF you are trying to scam me then I belive that you owe me $25 that I have spent on shipping by UPS because you sent me some junk drives that were not wthey were supposed to be. Please contact em and let me know ASAP.

Thanks for the ICQ # socalgal

Check this out.

One of the first online trades I ever made was with Darren Grunow inwhich I shipped first a complete Sony Vaio PCV70 down to the original software and registration plus a CL TNT2 Ultra in trade for a GF2 Ultra.

Well I shipped it out for 58.00 and waited and waited. I checked the tracking number and it said it had been delivered. I contacted him and he told me that he hadn't seen it. I contacted UPS and they faxed me over a copy of the signature and a reciept for duties paid.

Now here is the interesting part. It was signed R. Grunow whom Darren says is his wife. And he still claimed that it hadn't been delivered.

I have his phone number, address and E-mail if anybody wants it. And I am in the works of getting the Calgary police to pay him a visit. So anybody whom wants to back me up by sharing their story with the police then E-mail me at amurch1023@home.com. It has been over two months now and I haven't seen anyhting from him except for more E-mails inwhich he claims to have not seen my package despite the overwhelming evidence.

He's a bad man and something needs to be done to stop him.

Oh and I had to get his number off the internet. He told me he didn't have a phone. He said he used internet phone and only had a pager besides that.

Keepin this uptop. Three on board. Anybody else get ripped by this guy ????

Hi, I live in edmonton which is just 4 hour drive from Calgary... I was thinking I could go and pay this guy a visit and maybe it would make him realize that internet business isn't a "so who cares" kinda thing and that there are consiquences for an individuals crimes against his fellow traders. I mean if he figures he can just ignor the emails and instant icq messages and not ever have to worry about having ripped people off then he is WRONG. I have not been ripped off by this guy, but I tell you guys if I had and I knew where he lived, I would pay him a visit.