Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Diablo II- I've had it up to ~ (here)

Hybrid View

Diablo II- I've had it up to ~ (here)

Greetings... I know this has been posted before, I did a search but didnt quite find exactly what I wanted- So I apologize to those who have heard this before... Alright, here it goes: I havent played DII for a while, with the expansion set out now, I decided to complete the game again... However, I load the game without updates- it works... I download updates for online play and now when I try to run, the cdrom spins but I get the famous error- "Please make sure play cd is inserted in cdrom." I have emailed blizzard and received "suggestions"- none of which work. Now, I am frustrated. I had pretty much the same system config when I played 6 months ago- what has changed? Their patches. So, my question is- does anyone know of a resolution? ALSO, AND MORE IMPORTANT, will someone email a link to a site that provides the no-cd crack, I think this should resolve the issue. I have been searching for the last half-hour (I know, not a long time- but I have spent several hours on this and I am either going to use my DII cd's as coasters or frisbees at this point )

Thanks in Advance!

Mortis

Bump

<deleted>
    Get a CD crack there..

Oops. sorry Dave. wont happen again..

-MaK

Sysopt does not condone or support cracks or warez. While this is not a warez issue, we still cannot allow posts showing where cracks can be found. http://www.sysopt.com/forum/faq/faq4.html
    Dave

[This message has been edited by daveleau (edited 08-29-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Makaveli (edited 08-29-2001).]

This is a shot in the dark but try it out:

I read somewhere once about a CD-ROM Issue that popped up with patch 1.09. Something about master/slave settings on your drive and the game no longer being able to recognize it.

visit www.diabloii.net and look for a "1.09 bug bytes" section, I think it was in there somwhere. I only saw it once while reading some random stuff.

Ruahrc

Thank you Gents! I will let you know what I find about the 1.09 bug...

Thanks,
    Mortis

Greetings... update: I was unable to find specific known "Please insert play disc" issues concerning update patch 1.09. However, there were several references to the issue under techical support and bugs in general. I attempted all suggestions without success. However, I uninstalled DII, reinstalled all, then only updated to patch 1.07. In single player mode, all was fine. This leads me to believe that the prob does exist either in 1.08 or 1.09- both pertaining to the expansion set cd's. I have more emails out to Blizzard and some other sites with this info and requesting more suggestions. As I know I am not the only one with this prob, I will post updates until a legit solution is found. Consequently, the other info requested was unsuccessful- it hung and crashed.

Mortis

Don't know if this will be a "legal" post or not...

do a google search for "The Hardcore Gaming Experience", and the top link should point you in the direction you want.

LOL, Winterwynde, that is the link I had posted... Not sure if you made it "legal" or not? Is that legal? lol...

-MaK

Thats what I thought... the post was to a site that had all info... as a matter of fact- when I did a "Diablo II info and resource" search... it was the 4th site that came up! Anyway, still does not help- but thanks for the effort (before deleted). Still, forget about previous request... obviously not cool here (but it tells me that the prob is not with the cd or my owner numbers)... I still believe that the prob lies with either 1.08 or 1.09 patch- I will let you know what Blizzard support says...

Mortis

LOL- pretty bad!@!!!!! Trying to solve a prob- not use a cheat... there is A dif..

Mortis

It's called user knowledge and experience- much more than any crack or WHATEVER you experienced (dont know about you- but i Paid about $80 for the DII game and expansion set- now i am looking for the 80 worth to work... My same posts here exist at blizzard and beyond--- and i expect my monies worth... blizzard does not have a prob with it as they gave me instructions to install to hd... not much dif than I asked emailed to me (not posted)... anyway- pt is this, to date- not yet solved!

People, forget about the no-cd crack, I got that not only from here but also from blizzard... it did not work... either I have a at this time faulty DII install cd or a faulty expansion play cd- that is what we (blizzard and my phone calls) are testing at this time---- will let you know what happens! I would provide the no-cd test*given by blizzard* but it would be construed as either a hack or "wazard-... what was it called?"...

(a warez... hehe- be serious!!! what I asked for was far from anything harmful- you cant copy a cd if ya dont own it! (without cheating) Did I ask for more? Please be aware of the dif... I asked to be emailed- if ya look at the links that were provided it was to top 10 sites on a search for Diablo II... One of which is officially owned by blizzard!)

[This message has been edited by Mortis and careful not too cheat according to Dave- What links were harmful???]

[This message has been edited by Mortis (edited 08-29-2001).]

Former volunteer
    You did not post a link that was outside the limits of Sysopt's policies. Actually, this is one of the instances where a cd crack could be justified, but it is a rare case. since cracks usually go hand-in-hand with piracy, they can't be dealt with here. (BTW, no problem Makaveli.)

Dave

Thanks... the prob is def with the CD... thats the way it is pointing!

Brian Downie

[This message has been edited by Mortis (edited 08-31-2001).]

Mort, YGM.
    That should fix that nasty CD problem.
    I have had the same issue myself.
    I paid good money for the darn game, and there patch kills it!!

I'll show them...

I understand that the following will almost certainly have no effect on posting policies for this site, nonetheless I feel the no_cd crack comments in this thread deserve a response.

No_CD cracks are not merely a pirating tool... imho not by a long shot.

God bless the software developer who wants to protect his IP, if they feel that cd locks are helpful, fine with me. That said, the bottom line is that the customer is always right... and I'm the customer.

My game cd's are mine.

I bought em, and I shall use them for my private, non-profit enjoyment as I see fit... just as I read and re-read books from my personal library as I see fit. No software developer shall ever successfully restrict my private use of the products I have purchased, just as no book publisher shall ever restrict my us and enjoyment of my books. I say again, I bought them, they are mine... I don't copy em and hand out reprints on the corner, but my copy is paid for, it is mine, and I'll run it, and mod it, as I see fit.

These disk are the ultimate backup of my property. These disk are NOT used by me on a day-to-day basis... there are my original copies and are kept to the side in their cases. These disk are NOT left lying about where little fingers can abuse them.

BTW, my kids don't eat there PB&J sandwiches of Grandma's china either.

I am not a pirate, but I use no_cd cracks on every piece of software I own that needs it. It protects my property... ironically this is the reason the software developer put the cd check on the disk in the first place... to protect the the status of the property for its rightful owner.

My $0.02
    SRF

I dont know if you got the problem resolved or not. I have some info you might want. I have had Diablo 2 for a while a long while and i has always worked. Well up untill i got the expansion then for some reason the original game would install but not play. I think that was your problem too. Well I came up with a plan such as get a no_cd crack and play the game but as everyone who has ever got a no_cd crack before it doesnt work for internet play i cant stress that enough. Any way get the no_cd crack install run all is good. Then install the expansion. The game will run off of the expansion and not the origianl cd. Such as when you go to play the game it will say insert the expansion cd and not the play cd. If you are looking for any kind of no_cd crack or patch then always check out www.gamecopyworld.com they update there site everyday and is considered one of the best. And if you are wondering no_cd cracks are not illegal and yes you can have them. It just runs the game without cchecking for cd thus no internet play... hope that was helpfull