Thread: Wolfenstein

Ultimate Member

Wolfenstein

I played the online demo so much I have a feeling I'll beat the game in a day.

how does it look?? the graphics in pc gamer look sweet and say its supposed to look even better than medal of honor for the pc

SD

anxiously waiting for unreal 2, medal of honor, soldier of fortune 2
    you cant wear your emotions on your sleeve if you dont want them ripped off

Ultimate Member
    What helps the game is that it's realistic. Real situation(d-day), real weapons, real armies, etc. The graphics is dark and that suits the game quite nicely. Graphics and sound are great. It is just a modified quake3 engine, but you couldn't really tell cause of the changes. Physics are well done also. You can't just snipe some one the beach from the second level of the fortress with a semi-auto. Of course I still do it. It takes 60 bullets for one to hit, but it's all worth it.

The things I like alot is the flame thrower. Great graphics on that fire.

The bugs are that an air strike can hit you while you're inside the bunker. What's the point of a bunker then?

Overall I'll definitely buy that game.

I enjoy playing it when I can. The medic seems quite powerful, though (if a lieutenant gives it some ammo). I can usually be either #1 or #2 on my team on the scoreboard.

Guess it helps that I regenerate health

Ultimate Member
    I never played medic. I did score 111 points in 7min though. I always play the lieutenant. Need alot of ammo the way I'm playing. If I only had a medic to follow me.

How does it assign points? One time I had a real high number, I thought it was just the number of kills.

Great game!

Ultimate Member
    I was counting one time and it gives you points for different tasks accomplished. Setting a charge I think is 5pts. Having it actually blow up is 10pts. Returning the stolen documents is 10 or so. Taking the documents is a few, transmitting is a few. Just a simple kill is 1. I think if you kill the guy with the documents it's also more. Log onto a server with nobody in there and check the count everytime you do something. They are still experimenting with alot of things. I noticed the limited the number of ppl on each side so to keep it even. Also no more allowing of guys named "player". They are probably changing the scoring around. I think my record will be there for a while. I wish they decreased the air strike or at least not allow you to get killed in the bunker by it. And another thing they can do it keep it random. I got the whole sequence memorized by now.

The air strikes aren't random. If you are a Lieutenant you can call for airstrikes by tossing a canister of blue or red smoke. You can also call mortar shells in by using the binoculars.

Or am I missing something?

You sure can use your binoc's to call in a airstrike (At least that is what the game says when you frag someone with it) You also can use the smoke canisters to really chew up the allies when there hiding by the wall waiting for the det charges to blow a hole in it. I've got upto 6 guys with one airstrike
    All in all it's a pretty fun game. I'll buy it when it comes out.
    Dete
    p.s. I think they should leave the airstrikes alone...just my $.02
    Last edited by Detemeat; 10-08-2001 at 01:30 PM.

Ultimate Member
    I was very unsuccessfull using the binoculars to either call in an airstrike or mortar fire. Do I just stare them down for a few second? Press something?

To call an airstrike with the binos, put the cross hairs where you want it to hit, than while your holding the cross hairs steady, left click. Just make sure that your energy (or whatever it's called) bar on the right side of screen is full. It has to be full for you to do it. Dete