Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Diablo 2 sucks... Overpriced garbage!

Ultimate Member

Lightbulb

Oh, one other thing, Entragian:

If you don't like D2, I'll buy it from you. Shoot me an email.

[This message has been edited by Dputiger (edited 08-07-2000).]

Lightbulb

Woohoo! Direct those posts at me!!
    Lets take a company as large as Blizzard Entertainment. Take 2 years out of our schedules to create a game. Hmmm, 1.75 years sitting on our thumbs. .25 years to copy the origional diablo and add a few mods to it.
    Give me a break. This is why I am so Pissed off with the game. I enjoyed Diablo the origional when it game out. Fun story to follow and was a good size at the time it was made. Even the graphics were good when it came out.
    Jumping into the future. Diablo 2 comes out. Message boards, links, shots, ALOT of hype. This game is going to be huge! (It is) This game is going to be fun! (It is for 1-2 days. Thats how long it took me to finish it)
    I am into graphics for effects. said it before, say it again. I like the gameplay and story.
    Never expected everyone to agree with me, because everyone has their own personal tastes. So don't try to flame me because mine differs from yours. I could easily state that your taste sucks. Wouldn't you respond saying the same of mine?
    Diablo2 in a WHOLE isn't worth the money they are charging. If they charged $19.99 for the game I wouldn't have EVER posted this message.
    Diablo2 is a diablo expansion that took 2 years to make.

Bring it on!
    Entragian ][

Cool

Didn't remember the post about the other games like Starcraft (what a joke) Tiberian Sun (oofdah what a rip off) and Freespace 2 (no comment)
    Our taste in games and/or quality of games is quite different. I think Warcraft 3 is the only game from Blizzard that I am actually anticipating. Oh wait, that actually comes in a higher res than 640x480!!!
    Ultima Online. Offers resolution selections, has more skills/abilities to modify/adjust. Larger world that changes daily, more creatures. Using Ultima as an example because of the time used to build/create and the games are somewhat similar.
    I know the online charge is going to come up so I'll address that right now. They actually have moderators in the game and support where Diablo2 does not. Plus they have thousands of people in a single realm where diablo2 supports 8. They chose to charge for online time, and hell. More power to them because they are making mad $$ off people who are paying where Blizzard could as well.
    The game is cheaper than Diablo2 and you can set up your own server that can support as many people as your bandwidth/server can handle.

Well, I'll wait for the flames.. oh sorry. Responses and then reply.

Entragian ][

Ultimate Member

Lightbulb

Actually, Entrangian, my offer still stands: Want to sell that overpriced copy of Diablo II you hate so much?

On your other posts, I'm just a little curious: what games do you like?

Tiberian Sun wasn't so great, I agree--I wasn't quoting it as a great game, I was quoting it as a game that didn't require a top-of-the-line video card to play.

But Starcraft is considered one of the best RTS games ever made--in fact, I don't know that I ever read a major gamesite's review that didn't like it.

So, what about Half-Life, Civilization 2, Alpha Centauri, System Shock 2, Wing Commander, or Deus Ex? Do you like any of them?

Lightbulb

I like Quake3, Unreal tournament, StarTrek Armada, Half-life, Vampire-The Masquerade, Soldier of Fortune, Tribes(kinda), Age of Empires 2, Starlancer, Pharoah, Civilization(s), Tzar, Ultima Online (Sold all my stuff for $$ on Ebay along with acct after I got bored 2.5 years later.. $350 for a Smithy and $1000 for a Keep isn't to bad I'd say)
    Might and Magics are ok also. But I lose interest in them after a while. I liked Fallout and Fallout2. Can't wait until the new fallout comes out with LAN capability! Woohoo!
    Can't think of many more... <shrug> Give you a rough Idea? hehe

Entragian ][

Ultimate Member

Lightbulb

Yeah, that takes care of it. I was just curious to see if we had ANYTHING in common in terms of gaming. Glad to hear you like Half-Life--have you ever played the add-ons Neil Manke did for it? They are excellent, especially the new one 'They Hunger 2'.

Wink

The add on for Half Life They Hunger 2 is great, its complex like the first one, and has more weapons to squeeze the zoombies!!!!!

mmmm i remember something i have to play diablo 2 again to hack another zombie!!

Lightbulb

I used to prefer half-life to Quake and unreal. I haven't added any mods to the game and I don't have it on my HD right at the moment either.
    I started fresh when I upgraded my system to clean the drives out. Haven't gotten around to putting everything back on. I don't play much in the summer because I'm to busy outside. When winter rolls around I play alot more.
    LAN parties become more common when the cool weather hits

Entragian ][

Aaaarrrrgggghhh....Bbbbrrraaaaaaiiiiinnnnnnsssss.. ..

Probably longest necropost i have ever done

Welcome to 2012. Diablo 3 has been released, and surprise, surprise - all the same whining is happening 12 years later...

Hahaha

wow there are some hilarious quotes in this thread. GeForce2... rofl

Yeah....

Voodoo5, the migty "320mb of RAM", GF2...

Sigh.... nostalgia is killing me... NOT...