Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Diablo 2 sucks... Overpriced garbage!

Angry Diablo 2 sucks... Overpriced garbage!

Ok. For those of you who haven't bought or played this game yet. Stop right there and save your money for a better game.
    Did you like Diablo 1? If so, then Reinstall it and play it again, because thats basically ALL you'll be doing with the 2nd version.
    They keep the same graphics and put in some new classes, with different skill progression. A few more creatures, more levels of course, and a storyline.
    I tell you what. If it didn't take them 2 years to make a clone of the first game. Then I wouldn't be flaming them.
    Some quick BAD points.
    Graphics 640x480 only. Get real. Why the #&@! did I buy my Geforce2 then?
    Battle.net always down and unstable. Sure glad they had the stress tests!!
    You need over 64 megs of ram, otherwise your S.O.L. because the game will chop out on you, especially in large battles (Thank god I have 320 megs!)
    I'm done complaining because its given me a headache.
    I am so disappointed that I paid 55 dollars for this piece of sh** game, that after 3 days I was already sick to death of playing because I finished it.

Entragian ][

This is for blizzard hefinger:

Lightbulb

I got Diablo2 a few days ago, and apart from the low resolution, I think it rocks! They improved just about every thing possible from Diablo1. There are so many skills to progress on, there are heaps and heaps and heaps of weapons and weapon combinations,
    co-op rulez, yeah, I could go on for ages, but I can't be bothered. But basically, every thing that pissed me off in Diablo1 is gone, and they have added a TONNE of awesome extra features, and it is NOTHING like Diablo1 really, except for the look of it.

Thumbs up

I also love this game, just wish it had better save functions.

Thumbs down

Yeah I think Diablo 2 sucks to, when I got it I was like WOW! This is awsome. But after I got through act 2 I thought it SUCKED act 1 just RUINS the whole game and act 2 doesnt help act 3 and 4 were ok though, but the game ISNT worth the money time and memory...!

Lightbulb

I think that Diablo`s 2 strongness isn`t the graphic but the entertainment.It is true that you need a lot, but a lotttt of Ram for it and may be install it with the full instalation 1.5GigaBytes!!!!!!I`ve got thenormal installation and 98 MB of Ram and some time the computer works like craizy in middle of the game stopping the game for some seconds. But apart of that it is a great game that you can enjoy a lot .
    (You cannot save the game and keep on playing)
    Bye

Lightbulb

(You cannot save the game and keep on playing)<----this isnt the problem, i dont like that it sends you back to camp each time you restart.

Ultimate Member

Thumbs down

Glad I read this thread, I was going out to get Diablo II.

Lightbulb

Open games. There are already Cheats/Hacks/Trainers for your characters which takes every ounce of fun out of the game. Realm B-net servers are constantly down or they boot you from a game. What a waste of time!
    How many times can you go through the same friggin level before it gets boring? For me, it was once.
    Yea, the saving sucks.
    I think part of the reason I am so pissed at the game/Blizzard is all of the expectations I had. They promoted it to be the best game ever. It falls short of that. By a longshot!
    Before you buy the game. Borrow a friends and use the NoCD patch. Play it a little to decide for yourself.
    One line for you... www.neverwinternights.com

Entragian ][

Lightbulb

I got diablo2 when it came out, and I love every moment of it. I dont play any multiplayer D2 because of most of the reasons mentioned above. Ive played single player thru and now im working thru nightmare level. I know it seems pointless if you think about what your doing, but I'll be damned if its not addicting and fun.
    I think its worth it if you liked Diablo1 at all. I found it much much better, not in total aestetics or things like that, but in general gameplay and playbility.
    I was addicted to the stress test when it got here, and now ive only worked on one of the 5 character classes. I still want to try out all the others, but i find it difficult to decide when to stop building my current guy and starting a new one.
    Some people may not like this, but some people may.
    Most standard gamers will like this in my opinion, but some of the hardcore gamers may have a tuffer time falling in it because of it doesnt appeal to many of the areas that are found in todays games, such as eyepopping graphics, advanced commands, and strategic planning. However, lacking in these areas doesnt mean its gameplay sucks.

And yes, ive seen Q3A, UT and HL on my Geforce2, and i still play Diablo2 alot.

Lightbulb

what is wrong with you people?? Yeah, b.net realm sucks, i give you that, but other then that the game KICKS @$$!!!!! Low res? still looks good to me. Doesn't have good graphics? IT'S A FREAKIN 2D ADVENTURE GAME NOT a 3d eye candy game. If you want to show off your geforce2, get UT, or Q3, Diablo II is not eye candy(although it does have rather good graphics i think..) And i might add, it has great replay value, some items don't appear till nightmare and hell difficulty. Oh well everyone has their own opinions...

Ultimate Member

Lightbulb

If you need a better looking Diablo II, just use the V5 and FSAA it. Problem solved.

But I think this game is incredible. Yes, much of it is Diablo I revisited, but come on--if it ain't broke...

As to the long development cycle, I both agree and disagree. On the one hand, it DID take a **** long time. On the other, since the original Diablo, Blizzard has released Starcraft, Brood Wars, Hellfire, a couple Warcraft expansion sets, massively updated Battle.net, and probably done a few other things I don't remember.

I like to have my games quickly, but Blizzard always gets the job done RIGHT. In the end, that's what counts.

Thumbs up

Okey i have read all the posts, and i can say one thing Diablo 2 is better than the first, we can say that act i its like playing Diablo 1.5, i agree with that, but in act 2 to the end the game is incredible good and addictive, yeah its a click fest but i loved diablo because that.

And in the graphics department is not the best eye popping graphics in the world, but we can say that Blizzard can sold that game to almost any current user having or not a 3d card (mmmm no one thought that).
    The saving feature is Good and Bad, Bad because you have clear areas again, but good because you can gain more exp and get some good stuff sometimes you didnt got the first time (and there are the waypoints cool feature).

Also in the graphics i played all the game with my Voodoo 2 (no fsaa, some good effects but no very good especially lightining ones), but with Voodoo 5 and FSAA the graphics ROCKS!!!

Battle.Net has some problems but can you host a 100,000 games at same time, they need some time to fix some things, by the way there is a new patch 1.03. i havent tested it but maybe it fixed some things

Thanx!!

Ultimate Member

Lightbulb

yeah.. sometimes.. it takes gameplay to win a gamer's heart.. not graphics.

wtp

Ultimate Member

Lightbulb

Actually, one other point: Entragian asked why he bought his GeForce2 if not to play in high resolutions?

Frankly, get real. The ONLY games out there that require the power of the GeForce 2 are the first person shooters and flight simulators. That's why games like Starcraft, Tiberian Sun, Freespace 2, and MANY others can look fantasticly good....and not require such kick-*** hardware to show a decent framerate.

Lightbulb

Agreed. You cannot expect every game to take advantage of your hardware. I just upgraded to a V3 2000 yet Starcraft or Warcraft 2 doesn't look any better than it did on my 6326, and I couldn't care less. A game can look good without maxing out your hardware, and a game can still be great without looking amazing.