Thread: problems with a d-link 704 router

problems with a d-link 704 router

my router (as always) is being a total pain in the ***, im using cable through @home and have two computers going through the router and sharing a connection. @home uses DHCP...which works just fine for my primary computer, cxXXXXX-a, which is online and working beautifully, however the second computer, cxXXXXX-b, isnt working at all. all of the settings are right (i have checked them until i become sick) and the only thing i can see is that under the "imformation" page for the router configuration the modem status reads as "not ready" whatever that means. btw im using the motorola modem in san diego CA

Not quite sure I understand you correctly, but are you saying @home is assigning IPs to your computers which are behind the router? That shouldn't be happening. Your router should get assigned an IP by @home, and the router should be assigning IPs to your computers. Also, make sure you have the very latest firmware for your router. The newest firmware adds much more usability.

YA you should have dhcp on your pc's disabled and make sure you have allocated the new pc on your router under dhcp confiuration and that it is enabled.

And reset every thing starting with the modem,router then reboot the pc's

Fritz