Thread: I finally got it to work!

I finally got it to work!

After hours of installing hardware and software, removing, reinstalling, I finally got my netowrk working, and it was so simple.

Reading throught my BH6 manual I saw this item that said "Force update ESCD", so I selected in in my bios, rebooted, and now everything 'seems' to be working great!

<<knock on wood>>

I should have known it wouldn't be that simple. I'm back to the same old problem now.

Are there any known problems with BH6 mb's and NIC's? I also have a 3D Banshee card (pci, not agp).

I removed my sound card, that didn't help. There are no conflicts within device manager.

Why does everything in windoze have to be so complicated?

There was this in the BH6 manual:
    "The monitor features for temp, fans and voltage will occupy the I/O address 294H to 297H. If you have a network adapter, sound card or other add-on cards will use those I/O address, so please adjust your add-on card I/0 address, to avoid the use of those address, becasue those addresses will occuoied the LM79, and cannot changed"
    (I entered that exactly as the manual had it. Seems like they left a few words out or something)

Do I check the I/O address thru device manager?

yes check the I/O's. I have a BH6 and put a nic in no problems did it for about 5 others too. No problems. Didn't know about the taken I/o's though. I even have all my slots full. ISA/PCI/AGP. Need 1 more dimm to complete it though.