Need Help to set up an network with 30 stations
I have 30 computers that i have to connect with an Fast and Good Server.
The security must be High.
Anyone have any idéa what stuff i gonna need?
Today we have nothing except the workstations, which are PII 400MHz.
What kind of NetWorkComputer shall i use ?
Which Cards shall i use to the stations ?
Which Cabels shall i use between them ?
What else do i need ??
Please mail me your suggestion.
Some quick thoughts:
- Use the same brand and model of Network Interface Card NIC in all machines. I would look at 10/100Bps cards from Netgear, Intel and 3COM.
- Use Category 5 cable with rj-45 connectors, this will allow you to use either 10Mbs or 100Mbs connections.
- What are you going to use the server for? I presume you are going to use Windows clients so you probably want a Windows NT Server or Linux ()
- Security must be high is a pretty general statement
- HUBS: switches will probably make your network faster than hubs, Netgear, Intel.
Sorry missed the bit about mailing it to you.
New Security Features Planned for Firefox 4
Another Laptop Theft Exposes 21K Patients' Data
Oracle Hits to Road to Pitch Data Center Plans
Microsoft Preps Array of Windows Patches
Microsoft Nears IE9 Beta With Final Preview
Simplified Analytics Improve CRM, BI Tools
Android Passes RIM as Top Mobile OS in 2Q
VMware Updates Hyperic System Management
File Monitoring Key to Enterprise Security
LinkedIn Snaps Up SaaS Player mSpoke